ICDRIS 2021: International Virtual Conference on The Future of Dispute Resolution in Infrastructure Sector | Adani Institute of Infrastructure
Adani Institute of Infrastructure under the aegis of PGDM (Law) Programme is organizing an International Virtual Conference on The Future of Dispute Resolution in Infrastructure Sector ICDRIS-2021 on 12th & 13th February 2021. About ICDRIS 2021 Adani Institute of Infrastructure under the aegis of PGDM (Law) Programme, is organizing an International Virtual Conference on “The Future of Dispute… Read More »
Adani Institute of Infrastructure under the aegis of PGDM (Law) Programme is organizing an International Virtual Conference on The Future of Dispute Resolution in Infrastructure Sector ICDRIS-2021 on 12th & 13th February 2021.
About ICDRIS 2021
Adani Institute of Infrastructure under the aegis of PGDM (Law) Programme, is organizing an International Virtual Conference on “The Future of Dispute Resolution in Infrastructure Sector”. Infrastructure sectors are often surrounded by conflicts and disputes. The conflicts and disputes are mainly due to the uncertain environments and the complex nature of projects in the infrastructure sector. Such disputes result in delays in project implementation, increase in cost, loss of revenue due to investments getting stuck in the dispute resolution process. In present days, infrastructure sector contributes highest number of cases for arbitration. The reason for becoming arbitration as a favoured dispute resolution mechanism in this sector is complexities of the disputes in the sector.
Such complexities emerge due to the involvement of multiple parties, high stakes in the infrastructure projects, calculation, and determination of amount of compensation, analysis, assess and review of the huge amount of data, and the requirement of involvement of technical experts for the resolution of disputes. It is paramount to identify the causes that lead to disputes between parties in infrastructure projects to minimize the number of disputes in this sector for the speedy development of infrastructure. At the same time, arbitration laws have undergone a number of changes over the past years.
However, far more needs to be done for the effective resolution of disputes in infrastructure sectors. At this juncture, it is important to open a platform for dialogue, discourse, and research in the area of disputes resolution in the infrastructure sector.
The conference aims to provide high-level content relevant to students of commerce, management, law, economics, engineering, and other allied courses. The conference also provide a platform to young professionals, such as academicians, lawyers, policy advisors, arbitrators, engineers and other industry professionals to exhibit their research ideas and engage in a discourse on the future role of dispute resolution mechanisms in infrastructure sector.
- FDI in Infrastructure Sector and Resolution of Investment Disputes
- Public Private Partnership and Dispute Resolution
- Construction Industry Dispute Resolution
- Sea Ports, Airports Privatization and Dispute Resolution
- Developing Negotiating Skills In House for Dispute Solutions
Who should attend?
The conference is open to students, academicians, researchers, infrastructure professionals, and anyone interested in the subject.
- Last Date of Submission of Abstract: 10th January 2021
- Date of Confirmation of Abstract: 12th January 2021
- Date of full Paper Submission & Registration: 05th February 2021
- Date of International Virtual Conference: 12-13 February 2021
- E-certificates will be provided to all the registered participants.
- E-Certificates will be provided to all the paper presenters.
- From each technical session, one paper will be selected for the Best paper award and one as Honorable Mention Paper. Best paper and Honorable Mention paper carries a cash award of Rs.3,000 and Rs.2,000 respectively.
Abstract submission Guidelines
Abstract submission should contain the following details
- Title of the paper
- Sub-Theme (under which the paper is submitted)
- Name of the author/s
- Name of the Institution/organization
- E-mail address
- Contact details
- The abstract shall be of 300 to 350 words, with 4 to 5 Keywords.
- The abstract shall be submitted through the Google form.
Click here to Submit
The abstract should be saved with the name “Name of the participant – Theme No” in word format.
(For example, if the name of the participant is James Charles and submits abstract under Theme 1 then the abstract document should be named as “James Charles – Theme 1”)
- All abstracts accepted for presentation will be published as an E-Book of Abstracts and will be released on the day of the Conference after due plagiarism check.
There is no Registration Fee.
For further information, kindly find attached herewith the Poster and Brochure of the Conference or visit Click here
Conference Brochure: Click here
Conference Poster: Click here
Email: [email protected]
Dr. Jehirul Islam: +91-97233 71869
Reported by: Ms. Tanwi Pareek,
Academic Associate – PGDM (Law), Adani Institute of Infrastructure Management