IDIA Delhi Chapter is proud to announce its very first Article Writing Competition on the theme Insolvency Law. We believe that the dynamism inherent in this up-and-coming area of legal practice makes for interesting advancement in original scholarship, and offers a chance to all law students to hone their research and writing skills, which are critical for success within the legal profession.
- The competition is open to all undergraduate and postgraduate students enrolled in any discipline in a recognized University/ College/ Institute in India.
- Only one submission per author shall be entertained.
- No Co-authorship allowed.
Kindly note that articles may be written on the following sub-themes, which are not exhaustive in nature:
- The Political and Economic Significance of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Laws
- Insolvency of Financial Institutions: Too Big to Fail?
- The Theory and Practice of Debt Monetisation
- Demystifying the world of borrowing: Why pay one’s debt!?
We look forward to receiving your submissions in what promises to be an intellectually stimulating experience for everyone involved!
Prof. Garg is an Associate Professor at the National Law University, Delhi, and is the Director of the Centre for Transnational Commercial Law, which hosts the annual Moot Competition on Insolvency and Bankruptcy, in association with the UNCITRAL Regional Centre for Asia and the Pacific, the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI), and INSOL India. He is also a member of the Academics Committee of INSOL India and has served as an Arbitrator at the annual Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot held in Vienna and Hong Kong.
We are pleased to announce that the first prize winner of the competition shall get an opportunity to intern with L & L Partners (formerly Luthra and Luthra Law Offices), one of India’s largest law firms. Additionally, the second and third prize winners shall get an opportunity to intern at Prof. Garg’s Centre for Transnational Commercial Law. The top 5 participants shall also be awarded a Certificate of Merit by the Delhi Chapter of the IDIA Charitable Trust.
Your submissions and queries may be sent to the following Email ID: [email protected].
Please find the detailed guidelines and specifications for the competition over here.
Payment and Registration
We are accepting payment via Paytm and G-Pay. The payment can be made to the following account:
- Account Holder: Ashima Sharma
- Phone Number (for Paytm): 9990811552
- UPI ID: [email protected]
- Minimum Contribution Amount: Rs. 500
Kindly Click here to Register after the minimum contribution amount has been paid through either of the aforementioned mediums.
Please take a screenshot of the same as well, which is required to complete registration.
- Registration: 27th February 2021
- Submission: 07th March 2021
- Results: In the second week of March
Email: [email protected].
Reported by: Ashima Sharma,
Student, NLU Delhi and Deputy Team Leader, Fundraising of the IDIA Delhi Chapter