Last Updated on by Admin LB
The IDIA Kerala Chapter is hosting an essay writing competition on COVID-19 and IPR. The competition is open to students pursuing under-graduation from any recognised University in India.
Increasing Diversity by Increasing Access to Legal Education (IDIA) started as a student-run movement in 2010 from West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences. Founded by Prof. (Dr.) Shamnad Basheer, the movement seeks to empower underprivileged students and help them transform into leading lawyers and community advocates by giving them access to quality legal education. This competition is being organized by the IDIA Kerala Chapter which is run by the students of the National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi.
Themes and Sub-Themes
Theme- IP law developments during COVID-19
The participants can choose sub-themes on their own, or from the following:
- Discuss the real-time piracy concerns that have emerged as live music streaming goes mainstream in the wake of COVID-19.
- Changes that need to be made to the existing framework of IP regulations in the wake of COVID-19 to balance the individual’s right to conduct business and the right to public
- Traversing the IP minefield in the case of 3D medical printing equipment
- Medical patent pools and their implications
Registration Fee- Minimum Contribution
Single authorship: Rs. 150/-
Payment and Registration Details
The payment can be made to the following account (Only Paytm and Gpay): Account Holder: Arya Warrier
Phone Number (for Paytm and GPay): +91 85470 56726 UPI ID: [email protected]
Please note that you will be required to upload the proof of payment with the Registration Form. Click here to register
Guidelines for Submission
- All submissions shall be mailed to [email protected] with the subject line “Submission: Essay Writing Competition”. The manuscript should be accompanied by a Cover Letter specifying the author’s name, designation, institution, contact number, and email for future
- By submitting an article, the author undertakes that the article is an original work and has not been submitted, accepted or published
- Co-authorship is not
- Plagiarism will result in summary rejection of the
- Length of the article must not exceed 1500
- All submissions must be in English. The content should be written in Times New Roman Font with a size of 12. Line Spacing should be 5.
- The article should contain endnotes and not footnotes. All endnotes must be in Times New Roman font, with size 10 and line spacing
- All submissions must follow the Bluebook (20th Edition) style of citation; non-conformity will be a ground for
- Submissions must be made in .doc/.docx formats
- Entries not abiding by the above instructions will not be accepted.
1st Prize – WorldWise’s Law Firm Boot Camp worth 7.5k + Publication with NUALS Law Journal Blog + Internship with CIPR, NUALS
2nd Prize – WorldWise’s Law Firm Boot Camp worth 7.5k + Internship with CIPR, NUALS 3rd Prize – WorldWise’s Law Firm Boot Camp worth 7.5k + Internship with CIPR, NUALS Certificate of Merit will be given to top 5 participants.
Last date for Registration: 25th April 2021 Last date for Submission: 5th May 2021
Tinu George (+91 62353 77447)
TS Sneha (+91 88488 90696)
To download the poster of the event, click here
- Law Library: Notes and Study Material for LLB, LLM, Judiciary and Entrance Exams
- Legal Bites Academy – Ultimate Test Prep Destination