International Seminar on Data Protection and Data Privacy | 18th Dec 2021 [Online]
International Seminar on Data Protection and Data Privacy is taking place on 18th December 2021(Online). The Seminar is being organized by Law Mantra Trust, The Indian Law Institute New Delhi, Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab, Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur; Advanced Centre on Research, Development & amp; Training in Cyber Law and Forensics, National Law School… Read More »
International Seminar on Data Protection and Data Privacy is taking place on 18th December 2021(Online). The Seminar is being organized by Law Mantra Trust, The Indian Law Institute New Delhi, Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab, Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur; Advanced Centre on Research, Development & amp; Training in Cyber Law and Forensics, National Law School of India University, Bangalore.
The Seminar aims to examine and analyze Data Protection and Data Privacy in today’s times. The International Seminar will be attended by various international delegates and speakers as also representatives from the national Diaspora representing the stakeholders in the digital ecosystem and alive web. These would include representatives from the Central Government & State Governments, various Ministries, Law Enforcement Agencies, Police, Business, Information Technology, Corporate Sector, Academicians, Scholars, Service Providers, International Organizations, and distinguished thought leaders.
To provide a platform for stakeholders like organizations working in international and national levels, legislatures, civil societies, researchers, practitioners, academicians, activists, and policymakers to deliberate and discuss what is required to build strategies and to address the constraints in inclusive practices towards the betterment of the society. The Organizing Committee welcomes original papers, relating to, but not limited to the following topics:
- Data Breach and Risk Analysis
- Role of Intermediaries & Data Repositories and their Liability in the
Case Data Breaches.
- Media Intrusions and the Privacy Challenges – Legal Dynamics
- Frameworks for Data Protection in India: The J. A.P. Shah “Report of the Group of Experts on Privacy”
- India and the EU: The Privacy Debate
- Governmental Schemes, Data Protection, and Security
- Contracts and Data Protection in India
- Cyber security in India
- Surveillance and Cyber Security
- Judicial Interpretation of Data Protection and Privacy in India
- Analysis of International Data Protection Rules/Regulations
- Emerging Concerns Towards Data Security and Privacy
- Data Localization and Cross-Border Data Transfers
Note: These Themes are not exhaustive; Authors are open to working on any topic related to the above-mentioned theme.
Procedure for Submission of Abstracts
- Abstract (of about 250 words) should be sent as an attachment in a word file. Abstracts will be peer-reviewed before they are accepted.
- The following information, in the given format, should be sent along with the Abstract:
- Name of the Participant, Official Designation/Institution Details, Address and Email id, Title of Abstract
- Submit your abstract to [email protected]
Guidelines for Paper Submission
- The title of the paper should be followed by Name, Designation, Name of the Organization/University/Institution, and Email address. It is mandatory to mention Email address, as all future correspondence will be through it;
- Name and details of Co-author, if any;
- Chapter: The chapter should be in Times New Roman 12 point font and double spaced. The main Title should be in full capitals, bold, and centered 12 point font. Sub-titles should be in sentence case, bold, and 12 point font. Author’s names should be in small capitals and centered 12 point font Footnotes should be in Times New Roman 12 point font;
- Citation Format: Please use footnotes rather than endnotes. Footnotes should conform to The Indian Law Institute, New Delhi Style;
- Submission of the abstract: A covering letter with the name(s) of the author(s) and address, designation, institution/affiliation, the title of the manuscript, and contact information (email, phone, etc.) is compulsory to submit. All submissions must contain an abstract of not more than 300 words with 5 Minimum Keywords;
- The originality of Manuscripts: All the contributions should be the original work of the contributors and should not have been submitted for consideration in any other Publication. Any plagiarized work will be out-rightly rejected;
- Copyright: The contributions presented to and accepted for publication and the copyrights therein shall be the Intellectual Property of Law Mantra;
- The title of the Chapter should be followed by Name, Designation, Name of the Organization / University / Institution, and Email address. It is mandatory to mention Email address, as all future correspondence will be through it;
- Name and details of Co-author, if any;
- The paper should be typed in MS WORD format (preferably 2007 or 2010);
- The paper must be in a single-column layout with margins justified on both sides;
- The length of the paper should not be below 4,000 words (including footnotes) and Should not Exceed more than 10,000 (Including Footnotes).
Selected papers will be published in the book bearing ISBN, International Journal of Legal Research and Governance (Print Journal) bearing ISSN, and Law Mantra Journal. (If Paper will be selected for publication in the book bearing ISBN, Contributor have to contact the publisher and will have to pay a charge if anyone wishes to procure Hard copy of the book as per bill raised by publisher).
- Student – Rs. 500/-
- Faculty/Professional/Research Scholar/Other – Rs 700/-
- Registration fee for the foreign participants – Free
Both Author and Co-Author have to register separately.
- Submission of Abstract- 2nd November 2021
- Confirmation of Abstract Selection- 4th November 2021
- Registration- 20th November 2021
- Submission of Paper in Proposed Form- 15th December 2021
- Seminar Date- 18th December 2021
- Submission of Final Paper- 12th January 2021
- Publication of Selected Paper By- December 2022
Rules for the Presentation
- No abstract or full paper shall be accepted after the last date of submission respectively;
- Participants/Paper Presenters have to register after the acceptance of abstract with payment of required fees;
- For participation, registration is mandatory for confirmation of participation. Only registered participants will be allowed to take part in Conference;
- All the registered participants will be provided a participation certificate;
- The event will be hosted through Zoom/Cisco-Webex or any other Online.
Technical Session will be organized through Google Meet/ Zoom/Cisco- Webex or any other Online Platform.
- Dr. Himanshu Pandey, Associate Professor of Law, MNLU-Nagpur. (Convenor)
- Dr. Ivneet Kaur Walia, Assistant Professor of Law, RGNUL-Punjab. (Member)
- Dr. Gurneet Singh, Assistant Professor of Law, RGNUL-Punjab. (Member)
- Dr. Shailedra Kumar, Trustee Law Mantra Trust. (Member)
- Mr. Rajat Dixit, Assistant Professor of Law, RGNUL-Punjab. (Member)
- Mr. Aditya Mishra, Managing Trustee, Law Mantra Trust. (Member)
Students Organizing Committee
- Ms. Anoushka Chowdhury
- Ms. J Tanisha
- Ms. Shubhangi Mishra
- Ms. Abhipsa Baral
- Ms. Nishtha Wadhawan
- Ms.Vanshika Tewari
Helpline:+91-9310053923 (Law Mantra Office)
Email: [email protected]
To register as an attendee – Click Here
Reported By-Law Mantra