GLG seeks a lawyer to join the Company’s legal department in Gurugram, India. This candidate will be highly organized, efficient, proactive, impeccably trustworthy, and resourceful.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
Specific Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- together with other team members, enforce processes to ensure the highest legal and compliance standards are met in all aspects of the business
- draft client and vendor contracts for the Company and conduct regulatory research
- team with other legal department lawyers and non-lawyer personnel to ensure timely execution of legal and compliance-related tasks for the Company
- manage contracts with clients, experts and their institutions, and vendors
- work closely with multiple business segments, including Business Development and Client Solutions.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Law degree (LL.B. or higher) from a top law university, with demonstrated excellent academic performance
- 2-4 years’ experience as a transactional attorney in a reputable business law firm, or in-house experience with the legal department preferably in a multi-national company
- Must be fluent in MS office and comfortable with new technology. Prior experience of working on the Salesforce platform would be an added advantage.
Exceptional written and oral English communication skills.