Service Commission in the Indian Army for Judge Advocate General Branch (JAG) is inviting applications from unmarried male and unmarried female Law graduates.
The post of Judge Advocate General in India is held by a major general who is the legal and judicial chief of the Army. A Judge Advocate General of the Indian army advises the military personnel on their day to day matters including the Chief of the Army Staff. JAG officers provide legal help to the military in all aspects, in particular advising the presiding officers of courts-martial on military law. JAG officers conduct all legal procedures from framing drafts to appearing at courts and military tribunals.
- Nationality must be Indian
- Age Limit – 21 to 27 years
- Educational Qualifications – Minimum 55% aggregate marks in LLB Degree (three years professional after graduation or five years after 10+2 examination). The candidates should be eligible for registration as an advocate with Bar Council of India/State and should be from a recognized college/ university by Bar Council of India.
Men – 05 and Women – 03.
Last date to Apply
11th November 2020 by 3 pm.
Tenure of Engagement
Short Service Commission will be granted to Male and Female in the regular Army for 14 years i.e. for an initial period of 10 years extendable by a further period of 04 years. Male & Female officers who are willing to continue to serve in the Army after the expiry of the period of ten years of Short Service Commission may, if eligible and suitable in all respects, be considered for the grant of Permanent Commission (PC) in the 10th year of their Short Service Commission in accordance with the relevant policies as issued from time to time.
Duration of Training
Duration of training is 49 weeks at OTA, Chennai.
- Selected candidates will be detailed for Pre-Commission training at OTA, Chennai according to their position in the final order of merit, up to the number of available vacancies, subject to meeting all eligibility criteria.
- Candidates will neither be allowed to marry during the period of training nor will he/she be allowed to live with parents/Guardians. Candidates must not marry until they complete the full training at the Officers Training Academy. A candidate, who marries subsequent to the date of his/her application, though successful at the Services Selection Board interview and medical examination, will not be eligible for training. A candidate if he/she marries, while under training, shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him/her by the government.
- All candidates who successfully complete Pre-Commission training at Officers Training Academy, Chennai will be awarded ‘Post Graduate Diploma in Defence Management and Strategic Studies’ by the University of Madras.
Applications will only be accepted online on website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit, will be issued joining letter for training in the order of merit, depending on the number of vacancies available, subject to meeting all eligibility criteria.