Job Opportunity: Law Officer at Bank of Maharashtra | [Apply by Sep 19]
10 job pot is available for Law Officer at Bank of Maharashtra at Scale – II pay. The last date of the Application is 19th September 2021. About the Bank of Maharashtra Bank Of Maharashtra, leading listed Public Sector Bank having Head Office in Pune and all India network of branches across India, invites online application from candidates… Read More »
10 job pot is available for Law Officer at Bank of Maharashtra at Scale – II pay. The last date of the Application is 19th September 2021.
About the Bank of Maharashtra
Bank Of Maharashtra, leading listed Public Sector Bank having Head Office in Pune and all India network of branches across India, invites online application from candidates for recruitment of Law Officer.
Number of vacancies
Scale of Pay
Presently, the starting basic pay applicable is as under.
Scale II – Rs. 48170 – (1740/1) – 49910 – (1990/10) – 69810
The official will also be eligible for D.A, H.R.A / Lease rental, C.C.A, Medical and other allowances etc. in a Metropolitan center & perquisites as per rules in force from time to time. Allowances may vary depending upon the place of posting.
Bachelor’s Degree in Law recognized by the Bar Council of India for the purpose of enrolment as an Advocate with a minimum required marks of 60% or equivalent in the aggregate of all semesters/years.
For SC/ST/OBC and PWD candidates, the minimum required marks of 55% in the aggregate of all semesters/years in Bachelor’s Degree in
Special knowledge of (i) Banking Law, Company Law, Labour Law and Constitutional Law and experience in drafting of pleadings and documents; (ii) Proficiency in computer applications.
III. Experience Essential
At least five years’ experience as an Advocate or as a Law Officer in the Legal Department of a Bank / financial institution/statutory corporation / Company and/or Legal Associate / Legal consultant in an Advocate’s or Solicitor’s Office or in the Legal Department of Central / state Government or as teacher in law in a Law College / University.
However, preference shall be given to the candidates having experience as a Law Officer in the Legal Department of a nationalized Bank/financial institution. The candidate should have worked in Bank for one year as Law Officer.
Minimum 25 years and maximum 35 years.
Minimum Bond Period
Two years from the date of Joining the Bank.
The broad functions of law officers posted at Zonal Offices are as under, which are indicative and may be expanded depending upon the peculiarities and specific requirements of the Zone –
- Guidance to branches for obtaining required documents in various type of banking transactions. Preparation of specialized documents wherever required. Document verification for advances of Rs.50.00 lacs and above. Providing opinion on legal issues involved in deceased claim settlement. Giving approval to the draft of Bank Guarantees on law points referred by the branches and Zonal Office.
- Issuing legal notices on behalf of bank and replying legal notices received by the branches and Zonal Office. Assisting the Authorized officer while taking action under SARFAESI Act i.e.drafting and issuing of SARFAESI notices, reply to objection /representation made by the borrower / guarantor, taking possession, filing of application U/s 14 of SARFAESI Act and its follow-up and put the property on sale / e-auction. Assisting authorized officer in taking action under SARFAESI Act i.e. SARFAESI notices, possession notices, sale notices drafted and issued. Uploading the sale notices on various website.
- Assisting Central Public Information Officer and Appellate Authority in dealing with applications and appeals received under Right to Information Act, 2005. Advising branches and Zonal office on premises matters such as drafting lease deeds, renewal of lease deeds and to defend eviction cases filed against Bank. Advising branches and Zonal office in defending cases against Bank under Consumer Protection Act.
- Entrusting the cases to advocates in respect of suit filed by bank or defended by Bank, as per the guidelines issued by Head Office from time to time and brief the case. Reviewing the performance of Advocates and submit the review report to H.O. as advised from time to time.
- The Law Officers being the designated Nodal Officer for DRT, they have visit DRT for monitoring the suit filed cases, Securitization Application (SA) and keeping liaison with Recovery Officer (RO) & Presiding officer (PO) for expediting the cases, more particularly suit filed cases of Rs. 1.00 Core and above are to be attended by the Law officer.
- Following up of all suit filed and decreed accounts and assisting Recovery Officer at DRT for early recovery. Execution of decrees and liaison with Court Receiver /OL etc. Giving legal opinion to the branches /Zonal Offices in day to day banking and operational problems. Assisting branches and Zonal Offices in approving the draft of FIR / Criminal Complaint before Local Police / CBI etc. and advising in fraud cases.
- Assisting in conducting Lok Adalats. Submitting the SARFAESI monthly & quarterly report, DRT monthly & quarterly report and RTI Quarterly Report to head office in time. Submitting monthly SARFAESI & DRT account wise details to HO. Punching data and updation of data in CR is Mac Legal Software. Maintaining data, updation and submission to HO account wise details of matters referred under IBC, 2016 to NCLT. Assisting Zonal Managers in empanelment of advocates and review of performance of advocate and submission of report to H O. Monitoring of suit filed and decreed accounts for effective recovery, briefing of cases to advocates, Giving approval of panel valuers for SARFAESI action. Advising branches and Zonal Offices in defending casesagainst Bank under Consumer Protection Act.
- Candidates are advised to go to the Bank’s website www.bankofmaharashtra.in and click on the ‘Careers ’ Recruitment Process Current Openings to open the link “Online application for recruitment of “SPECIALIST OFFICERS IN SCALE I & II 2021-22” and then click on the option “APPLY ONLINE” which will open a new screen.
- To register for the application, choose the tab “Click here for New Registration” and enter Name, Contact details and e-mail id. A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. The candidate should note down the Provisional Registration Number and Password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent.
- Visually Impaired candidates should fill the application form carefully and verify/get the details verified to ensure that the same are correct prior to final submission.
- Candidates are advised to carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application themselves as no change will be possible / entertained after clicking Complete Registration.
- The Name of the candidate or his / her father/husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates / Mark sheets. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
- Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the Validate your details’ and ‘Proceed’ button.
- Candidates can proceed to upload Photo, Signature, Left Thumb Impression & Hand Written Declaration as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature.
- Candidates can proceed to fill in other details of the Application Form.
- Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before Complete Registration.
- Modify details, if required, and click on ‘Complete Registration’ only after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled by you are correct.
19 September 2021
Download Official Notification Here – Click here
Reported By: Palash Sahi