Arm’s Legal Operations Commercial team in Bangalore is looking for qualified candidates for the position of Corporate Counsel role. The Legal Operations Commercial team is part of Arm Legal’ s Corporate and Legal Operations team. This role will manage a high volume of varied non-contentious work including drafting and negotiating non-disclosure and technology license agreements. The job will involve supporting other members of the global legal team and interaction with commercial personnel internally at Arm and at Arm’s customers.
Arm is the leading technology provider of processor IP, offering the widest range of processors to address the performance, power, and cost requirements of every device. Arm CPUs and NPUs include Cortex-A, Cortex-M, Cortex-R, Neoverse, Ethos and SecurCore. Founded 30 years ago by a dozen engineers in Cambridge, today we’re a team of more than 7,000 (over six-hundred dozen), based in offices across the globe.
- Review, draft and negotiate variety of contracts, including non-disclosure agreements, evaluation of license agreements (limited use licenses), Procurement agreements and other standard and non-standard agreements.
- Become familiar with Arm standard contractual language and act as point of escalation during review process when required.
- Ensure reviews are completed in accordance with established processes and guidelines.
- Collaborate extensively with other lawyers and senior stakeholders within Arm.
- Highlight effectively risks and issues to appropriate levels.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in law (LL. B) from a reputed University in India or Abroad.
- Experience of drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and managing contracts.
- Sound understanding of general commercial principles and industry practices.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced office environment.
- Must possess strong organizational skills, ability to work logically and methodically, spot trends and escalate appropriately.
- Ability to take initiative and work autonomously, as well as in a team.
- Ability to priorities own workload, multi-task, and work to deadlines.
- Willingness to be flexible.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Reliable and able to work well under pressure.
- High attention to detail essential.
- Aptly handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Good IT skills, especially in the use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other databases.
- Good team player, with a pro-active attitude in driving issues through to conclusion.
- Ability to travel internationally is important.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 1-3 years of experience in contract management including drafting, review, and negotiation of NDAs, Software licensing agreements, and Limited Use/ Evaluation Licenses.
- Previous experience in a similar role within an in-house legal team would be an advantage.
- Experience in technology (software) licensing.
- Experience in facilitating legal training.
- Experience in working across cultures and time zones.