JOB: Legal Attorney | Deloitte India (Offices of the US)
Deloitte India (Offices of the US) is inviting applications for the post of Legal Attorney, at its office in Hyderabad. About team Deloitte’s Office of General Counsel (“OGC”) is responsible for managing the U.S. organization’s legal affairs as they relate to firm governance, contracts, engagements, employment, litigation and regulatory matters, legal risks, and other legal matters. The position holder… Read More »
Deloitte India (Offices of the US) is inviting applications for the post of Legal Attorney, at its office in Hyderabad.
Deloitte’s Office of General Counsel (“OGC”) is responsible for managing the U.S. organization’s legal affairs as they relate to firm governance, contracts, engagements, employment, litigation and regulatory matters, legal risks, and other legal matters. The position holder will support two OGC groups: its Disputes, Consultations, and Regulatory Affairs Group and its Labor and Employment Group.
Discovery Attorneys will have responsibilities for responding to legal demands for information and documents upon the Deloitte U.S. firms from civil litigants, regulators, and clients.
- Performing document review services, to make initial determinations as to whether there is a requirement to provide the documents to third-parties to comply with subpoenas and other legal requests;
- Information-gathering, to assist Deloitte’s clients in responding to routine reviews of securities trading by the U.S. Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (“FINRA”);
- Analyzes legal and business risks regarding contractual terms, client policies and compliance matters. Executing other job-related duties, as assigned.
The Discovery Attorney will carry out these responsibilities at the direction of U.S.-based OGC attorneys and complete assignments in collaboration with other OGC colleagues, including U.S.-based technical expert consultants and legal assistants and with Deloitte’s client-service teams.
- A law degree from an accredited law school in India, the U.S., or another common law jurisdiction. The successful candidate may not have an active Bar Council registration in India.
- Familiarity with the U.S. judicial system, including civil procedure and e-discovery standards and best practices, is highly desirable.
- At least two years of experience in the document review and e-discovery/litigation industry. Work experience should be post-qualification.
- Experience leading teams of document reviewers or other managerial experience on legal process outsourcing projects is desirable.
- Experience with U.S. financial services industry compliance work is also desirable (such as prior work involving FINRA or U.S. financial services regulators, or prior work in a compliance role for major U.S. or global financial services companies).
- Proficiency with use of legal document review software, such as Relativity, Concordance, or Summation, is required.
- Significant experience with Relativity is highly desirable.
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools is expected, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- A demonstrated record of balancing multiple, time-sensitive assignments. Strong organization and time-management skills will be critical to success.
- Good judgment, including a strong sense of when to exercise discretion and when to seek additional guidance from OGC colleagues.
- Professional demeanor and excellent English-language communication skills, both written and oral.
- Able to work cooperatively with a team of professionals and receptive to receiving feedback on assignments and performance.
Generally expected to range from 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM, India time. Timing may vary based on business requirements.