Sony Pictures is providing a job opportunity for the post of Legal Manager at Sony Pictures Entertainment. Based in our Mumbai office, this position will focus primarily on transactions to develop, produce, acquire and distribute products for Sony Pictures International Productions throughout the world in Indian languages and also distribution contracts for the Hollywood film distribution business of the company.
The hired attorney will work closely with the Head of Legal Affairs and senior business and finance executives worldwide to document and administer development, production, co-production, financing, distribution, and sales/ licensing agreements for motion picture and television productions.
- Negotiate and draft contracts for all aspects of motion picture and television content development and production.
- This will include all above-the-line contracts: talent engagement, co-production arrangements, rights acquisition, and licensing.
- Review, perfect and approve chain of title on developments and productions with a view to assess and minimize risk. Review and track third-party obligations with respect to licensing of adaptation rights including film remake rights.
- Review scripts and content for pre-development and pre-exploitation clearances with IP and negotiate and draft literary works option and purchase contracts, rights acquisition, and licensing contracts.
- Negotiate and draft rights sale and licensing contracts for the exploitation of content through all modes and platforms and output deals.
- Negotiate and draft all contracts pertaining to marketing and promotion of content produced and/or distributed including in-film product placements, co-branding, etc.
- Negotiate and draft all manner of assignments, releases, contingent compensation definitions, and standard definitions, settlement agreements, etc.
- Contract execution, administration, and management.
- Liaise with the head office legal team in Los Angeles.
- Maintain and update status reports on ongoing projects by collating updates received from all departments.
- Research and prepare necessary background information and counsel briefing and internal notes for litigation preparation.
- Research related to contract laws, arbitration laws, privacy rights, copyright laws, international subsidies, tax credits, guild requirements, and related matters and circulating notes on key developments impacting business to keep the team abreast of all relevant information.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- LLB from a reputed institute.
- Minimum 7 years experience in entertainment law preferably motion picture and television financing, production, and exploitation.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word.
- Must have excellent negotiation and communication skills (written and oral).
- Additional language skills will be an advantage.
- Seniority level – Associate
Entertainment, Motion Pictures and Film, and Media Production
To apply: Click Here
Reported By: Palash