Job Opportunity at Godrej Industries Limited for Manager/DGM- Corporate Legal. Godrej Industries Ltd is a holding company for a few associated companies of Godrej Group. The company was established in 1897, has crossed Indian boundaries, with operations in Asia, Africa, and Latin America, which are the key focus international markets outside India. Today, the Godrej Group enjoys the patronage of 1.1 billion consumers globally across consumer goods, real estate, appliances, agriculture, and many other businesses. With a revenue of over USD 4.1 billion, the Godrej Group is growing fast and has exciting ambitious aspirations.
The Corporate Legal Team at Godrej Industries Limited
They are responsible to handle legal assignments of many group companies like Godrej Industries (a listed company having a strong presence in the chemicals business), Godrej Consumer Products Ltd (another listed company having a strong presence in India, and regions like Africa, America, Latin America, Indonesia, etc in FMCG space), etc. The Corporate Legal Team works closely with the senior leaders on many complex legal projects, assignments, and litigation.
- The main role of the job is to work on contract drafting, litigation management, legal advisory, compliance, and knowledge management.
- A candidate must be an expert in drafting various contracts such as procurement contracts, outsourcing contracts, property-related contracts including conveyance and leave & licence, distributor contracts, contracts with IT services providers, financial facility contracts,s, etc.
- Experience in handling cases before the Supreme Court, High Courts, Civil Courts, Consumer Forums, etc. is necessary. A candidate should be able to instruct the lawyers and interact with the senior counsels.
- A candidate must be able to advise various business teams on various issues including employment and labour issues, consumer complaints, real estate issues, etc. A candidate must have experience in ensuring organisational compliance of various laws and good governance practices, including anti-bribery and anti-competition practices.
- A candidate should be able to summarise and make presentations on important legal developments including judicial pronouncements, the passing of new law, etc for a briefing to the senior management and or business teams.
- A candidate must have a thorough knowledge of commercial, civil, property, consumer and labour laws including Contract Act, Companies Act, Transfer of Property Act, Legal Metrology Act, Drugs & Cosmetics Act, Consumer Protection Act, Factories Act, Industrial Disputes Act, etc.
- Good to have but not a must: Exposure to working on legal assignments in common law countries, dealing with FMCG or manufacturing industry, M&A transactions.
7-11 years of excellent track record of working with a reputed law firm or the legal department of a large organization.
- A candidate must have excellent analytical skills and drafting skills.
- The candidate should have a good grasping, a strong desire to learn, and time sensitivity.
- Must be a good team player.
- This position requires a lot of interaction with internal stakeholders at various levels of the organization and external stakeholders (including customers, government offices, lawyers and industrial forums, etc). Hence, have excellent written and spoken communication skills is a must.
- Ability to solve problems through an understanding of the business context.
- Influencing – Ability to work with a diverse group of people across businesses and independently.
Vikhroli (East), Mumbai
Consumer Goods, Banking, and Financial Services
To Apply – Click Here
Reported By – Palash