Job Opportunity at Merck for Data Privacy Counsel
Job Opportunity at Merck for Data Privacy Counsel at Mumbai. About Company Merck & Co., Inc. is an American multinational pharmaceutical company headquartered in Kenilworth, New Jersey. It is named after the Merck family, which set up Merck Group in Germany in 1668. The company does business as Merck Sharp & Dohme (MSD) outside the United States and Canada. Merck & Co. was established as an American affiliate… Read More »
Job Opportunity at Merck for Data Privacy Counsel at Mumbai.
Merck & Co., Inc. is an American multinational pharmaceutical company headquartered in Kenilworth, New Jersey. It is named after the Merck family, which set up Merck Group in Germany in 1668. The company does business as Merck Sharp & Dohme (MSD) outside the United States and Canada.
Merck & Co. was established as an American affiliate in 1891. Merck develops and produces medicines, vaccines, biological therapies and animal health products. It has multiple blockbuster drugs or products each with 2020 revenues including cancer immunotherapy, anti-diabetic medication and vaccines against HPV and chickenpox.
The company is ranked 69th on the 2021 Fortune 500 and 92nd on the 2021 Forbes Global 2000, both based on 2020 revenues
In coordination with our company’s global Group Data Privacy team, you implement and maintain service portfolio elements and consult business stakeholders locally under the framework of our global Data Privacy Management System.
Your support and coordination of the local roll-out of global policies, processes, and guidelines and data privacy awareness training. You identify and manage risks related to data privacy, advise and report to the senior management in India and serve as the primary contact in data privacy issues, following both our global framework and local requirements.
In addition, you assess local legal trends and you work with the competent authorities in relevant cases. You provide guidance to the departments of the company, creating broader awareness and negotiating with external partners and customers. Being an active member of the wider community of data privacy practitioners and networks within the organization, you will liaise with internal key stakeholders and the Data Privacy Office.
- Graduate degree in law (or equivalent).
- At least 8 years of job experience with having exposure to data privacy issues in India, the EU and the rest of the world in a large multinational company or law firm.
- Extensive knowledge of Indian privacy regulations and good knowledge of European GDPR.
- Convincing communication style also fitting management.
- Business-oriented in interactions with senior management and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Implementation skills and experience in working in a global matrix organization.
- Healthcare, Life Science, or Electronic industry knowledge preferred.
- Preferably a lawyer, but not a must.
- Other: Certification as data protection officer, e.g., CIPP is a plus, but can also be done on the job. Our company provides IAPP corporate membership and training.
Merck Group Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
To Apply – Click Here
Source – Click Here