Job Opportunity at Moody’s Corporation, Bengaluru for Financial Data Analyst.
Moody’s Corporation, often referred to as Moody’s, is an American business and financial services company. It is the holding company for Moody’s Investors Service (MIS), an American credit rating agency, and Moody’s Analytics (MA), an American provider of financial analysis software and services.
Financial Data Analyst
Financial Data Analysts have a significant input to the ratings and research process by analyzing financial statements and data provided by Issuers.
- The FDA uses accounting and finance knowledge and judgment to perform financial statement analysis, adjust reported data per relevant methodology requirements, and review and analyze ratios.
- Responsible for reviewing and understanding financial and operational metrics and other documents/statement
- Work directly with ratings and support analysts to explain the data, adjustments, and other information needed by the rating team for ratings and research.
- Support in a newsletter, database clean-up, and maintenance, update charts & tables and provide relevant commentary whenever required.
- Support analysts on a variety of basic credit process inputs and perform preliminary analyses to identify trends in data. Support data gathering, financial spreadsheets update, and other regular or ad-hoc support.
- Frequently liaise with analysts and accounting specialists in order to understand the application of accounting concepts on a particular entity.
- Create documentation and provide guidance to support analysts
- Review, adjust and publish data to external market participants.
- Regularly interact with Moody’s rating analysts regarding financial and operational data needed for analysis and publications.
- In addition to regular daily responsibilities, FDAs will have the opportunity to work on new projects such as technology projects, accounting changes, analytic reviews, methodology updates, and implementation of process improvements.
- The team is regularly provided with valuable training classes and interaction with Analysts as part of knowledge transfer and career growth.
- Postgraduate degree required; specializations in Accounting, Finance, or Economics preferred
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience required (can include internship experience).
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products and particularly Excel, such as pivot tables, lookups, etc.
- Knowledge or prior experience in analyzing financial statements is preferred
- Knowledge or prior experience in accounting is a plus.
- Individuals must be organized, dependable, able to multi-task and manage priorities, display initiative, and have the ability to work independently in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational, communication (verbal & written), and interpersonal skills are required.
- The candidate must have the ability to quickly transition as priorities change to meet demands.
To Apply – Click Here
Source – Click Here