Last Updated on by Admin LB
Job Opportunity at Snap Inc. for Law Enforcement Relations Officer at Mumbai.
About Job Opportunity at Snap
Snap Inc. is a camera company. They believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Their products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
They are looking for a Law Enforcement Relations Officer. As a member of the Law Enforcement Operations team, the candidate will be responsible for 24/7 coordination with Indian law enforcement agencies and related stakeholders in processing legal requests addressed to Snap including user data, content/account takedown, and emergency requests.
The selected person will also function as Snap’s Nodal Contact Person under the new Intermediary Guidelines. Working from our Mumbai office, you will collaborate with cross-functional partners (including Legal, Public Policy, and Trust & Safety) to assist law enforcement and protect Snapchatters.
You must be an Indian resident to apply for this role.
- Accurately review, index, and advice on legal requests from Indian law enforcement agencies, ensuring that all requests are handled in accordance with applicable law, Snap’s terms of service, and law enforcement guidelines.
- Advice on complex and urgent requests, escalations, and issues within a short turn-around time and, in consultation with leadership, help determine the best response.
- Collaborate with internal and external counsel, and cross-functional partners (including Public Policy and Trust & Safety), on escalations and engagement with Indian government and law enforcement agencies.
- Develop a strategic program for establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with national and state law enforcement agencies, regulators, and industry leaders under the supervision of the Snap Public Policy team.
- Assess the potential impact of Indian regulatory developments (including those related to online safety, security, and law enforcement) on Snap’s existing policies/processes and propose changes and enhancements to internal operational workflows to ensure compliance.
- Develop content and materials to be used in Outreach, including presentation materials and talking points.
- Have co-ownership, with Trust & Safety and Public Policy, in developing the India-specific Transparency Report.
- Educate law enforcement agencies on Snap’s terms and policies, and on effectively using Snap tools and processes to report violations and make legal/emergency requests.
- Clearly respond to process and internal policy inquiries from law enforcement, government agencies both in writing and verbally.
- Represent Snap at conferences and meetings organized by law enforcement/ government agencies and communicate Snap’s policies on handling legal requests.
- Assist in the identification, analysis, monitoring, and documentation of trends and patterns that might be evident from the processing of Indian legal requests.
- Deliver key projects within the LEO roadmap, including execution; measured progress; and present results to stakeholders throughout.
- Develop training materials and deliver training.
- Review team members’ work products and provide constructive feedback that will help them grow and develop their careers at Snap.
- Serve as a consultative partner with our vendor team and provide expertise for processing all types of legal requests with a high degree of quality and efficiency and routinely assess vendor(s) for contract compliance.
- 5+ years of experience working in law enforcement, legal, compliance, or a related field.
- 2+ years of previous people management experience.
- 2+ years of experience working directly with the Indian government or law enforcement agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice, political science, sociology, public administration, international relations, computer science, or another related area of study.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and Hindi, both verbally and in writing.
- Flexibility to work as a part of a globally dispersed 24/7/365 team, including attending virtual meetings outside business hours.
- Familiarity with the Indian Judicial System and the Indian Penal Code (IPC), especially laws related to governing content (e.g. s.69A, IT Act and related rules), disclosure of user data (e.g. s.91, CrPC), and Personal Data Protection on intermediary platforms.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with high-volume workflows, high-pressure escalations, grey areas, and ambiguity.
- Fluency in additional languages, such as Bengali, Marathi, Telugu, or Tamil
- Experience with accurately reviewing, processing, and summarizing Indian legal requests.
- Ability and readiness to work off-hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to travel (as required) within India (subject to prevailing COVID-19 travel guidelines).
- Strong analytical skills, including working with large data sets to solve business problems, and providing practical business insights via data visualization software (Advanced EXCEL, Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- A passion for Snapchat and online safety.
To Apply – Click Here
Source – Click Here
- Law Library: Notes and Study Material for LLB, LLM, Judiciary and Entrance Exams
- Legal Bites Academy – Ultimate Test Prep Destination