Last Updated on by Admin LB
Job Opportunity at UPL for Counsel- Global at Mumbai
UPL is a leader in global food systems and with the acquisition of Arysta LifeScience, is now one of the top 5 agricultural solutions companies worldwide. With a revenue of US$5 billion, UPL has a presence in 130 countries. With market access to 90 percent of the world’s food basket and focused on high-growth regions, UPL represents a compelling value proposition for growers, distributors, suppliers, and innovation partners in a consolidating market. UPL offers an integrated portfolio of both patented and post-patent agricultural solutions for various arable and specialty crops, including biological, crop protection, seed treatment, and post-harvest solutions covering the entire crop value chain.
- Law degree (J.D. or equivalent) from a leading university or law school.
- Licensed to practice law in India or other common law jurisdictions.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of legal experience (with some years of experience at a leading global law firm and/or in-house at a major multinational corporation), preferably with some portion of that experience in manufacturing and commercial transactions.
- The successful candidate must be proactive, enthusiastic, enjoy working hard and being challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
- Excellent language capability including the ability to communicate orally and in writing English.
- The ability to draft legal documents in English is strongly preferred.
- A mix of corporate law firm and in-house experience is a plus.
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical and computer skills.
- Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor.
In this role, the primary responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Negotiating, drafting, and closing commercial agreements and related matters such as subcontractor agreements, NDA’s, statements of work, in and out-licensing agreements, alliance/partnering agreements, support agreements, marketing agreements, and distribution/channel agreements.
- Knowledge and engagement with data privacy and data security-related issues.
- Preparation of standard templates for recurring commercial transactions and to address new business models or legal and business requirements.
- Counseling and collaborating with business/sales clients, marketing, finance, and other business functions necessary to effectively and efficiently accomplish assignments and ensuring best practices in various legal areas such as antitrust, intellectual property protection, contract law, and others.
- Working with internal business partners on education and planning and advising business leaders on significant legal issues impacting the business, including the drafting and hands-on negotiation of diverse commercial agreements with global parties.
- Is responsible for assisting UPL group company legal matters. The Counsel provides legal assistance by way of contract review, M&A support, setting up and rolling out an effective compliance program at a global level, and providing legal advice on a need basis.
- The role of the Counsel is to ensure that regional businesses are provided with legal documentation and advisory support and are legally compliant with all the applicable laws.
- Preparing implementation plan and organizing/providing training on the global compliance program across the globe.
Counsel – Global
To Apply – Click Here
Source – Click Here