Job opportunity for Business Legal Specialist in Consumer Banking at DBS Bank
Job opportunity for Business Legal Specialist in Consumer Banking at DBS Bank, Mumbai. Legal, Compliance & Secretariat ensures that the bank’s interests are protected by zealously guarding and enhancing its reputation and capital. They also work to maintain good standing with all our regulators, customers, and business partners. Job purpose This position exists to help businesses and support… Read More »
Job opportunity for Business Legal Specialist in Consumer Banking at DBS Bank, Mumbai. Legal, Compliance & Secretariat ensures that the bank’s interests are protected by zealously guarding and enhancing its reputation and capital. They also work to maintain good standing with all our regulators, customers, and business partners.
This position exists to help businesses and support units on legal and regulatory matters. It will provide solutions to manage operational challenges and help create a robust plan to deliver customer needs within the scheme of laws and regulations. Pragmatic solutions on legal issues of consumer banking business along with managing real estate and vendor contracts of the Bank are few key deliverables for this position.
- Anticipate and manage legal risk- Identify, evaluate and address issues of legal risk in retail banking products & services (like credit cards, home loans, digital banking services, etc), real estate, human resources, and IT units.
- Drafting and Negotiation- Independently design, draft, negotiate and approve legal contracts, letters of agreement, policies, and other documents related to banking products and operational matters. Effectively manage outsourcing contracts and mortgages. The ability to innovate & standardize documents to make them customer-friendly is crucial.
- Business enabler- Provide pragmatic and effective legal advice using research and interpretation skills to achieve business objectives. As an expert in laws, provide consultative guidance for Bank’s strategic goals, objectives, and partnerships.
- Think strategically- Be a strategic contributor by proactively sharing legal updates and business opportunities emerging therefrom.
- Customer Focus- Participate in the development of transparent and legally sound processes, policies. Conduct risk reviews and develop procedures designed to reduce legal risk.
- The relationship led- Develop trust and strong relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Develop a good understanding of the products, internal processes, and customer journeys.
- Provide practical legal advice to business and support units to ensure that legal issues are identified and resolved and that legal risk is adequately managed.
- Provide day-to-day legal support in the form of advisory and legal documentation on branch banking, credit cards, mortgages, operations, human resources, and procurement service units.
- Responsible for supporting real estate, technology, and infra units. Support in vetting contracts like leave & license, lease, NDA, outsourcing contracts, AMC, etc.
- Responsible for providing guidance on handling customer complaints, vetting responses to complaints to senior management, responding to notices from regulators/ authorities, vetting legal notices, litigation strategy & management, etc.
- Adhere to the legal risk management policies of the Bank at all times and any prescribed legal standards.
- Identify and highlight legal risks appropriately while providing mitigating solutions.
- Able to respond to the fast changes in the delivery of legal services and customer demands.
- Good understanding of litigation and maintaining litigation reports.
- Liaise with consultants/law firms and advocates.
- Experience preferably in banking and financial services.
- Experience in handling credit cards product and real estate contracts is preferred.
- Good knowledge of RBI guidelines and banking practices.
- Demonstrated history around drafting and negotiations.
- Ability to analyze and effectively communicate.
Education and preferred qualifications
Law graduate with at least 10 years of PQE in Consumer Banking and Real Estate matters.
1. Core Competencies
- Excellent diagnostic skills and rigorous approach to problem-solving.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills at all levels, especially drafting & writing skills.
- Excellent comprehension skills to understand and interpret industry data and economic trends.
- Strong formal presentation skills to gain acceptance to solutions, both internally and externally.
- Attention to detail & Tenacious.
- Ability to think creatively and identify innovative solutions.
- Should have a stable mindset to handle issues & also be able to think through a problem.
- Should be able to identify and forecast legal & compliance risks/rewards, in line with proposed business growth & find solutions.
2. Technical competencies
- Technical Expert with good knowledge of banking practices and financial services.
- Strong technical ability & ability to grasp new technical areas of law very quickly.
- Knowledge of all related laws in India especially laws governing RBI, SEBI, IRDA, AMFI, etc.
- General understanding of various applicable statutes/ laws.
3. Work relationship
- Close working relationship with business heads, product owners & internal support functions to sign off & ensure compliance for all products & services offered by DBS India.
- Establish a working relationship with the Legal & Compliance team in India & Singapore.
4. DBS India- culture and behaviours
- Relationship Led
To apply – Click Here
Reported by – Palash