Here’s the Job Opportunity for the post of Public Interest Fellow at IDIA Charitable Trust [Bangalore/Delhi]: Applications Open
Since its inception, P-PIL has taken up a number of notable public interest causes, the latest being the filing of a public interest petition before the Delhi High Court taking the government to task for various data breaches related to the Aadhaar database and seeking compensation.
P-PIL hired its first public interest fellow earlier this year. And is now looking to hire the second fellow. The Fellow will be tasked with all of P-PIL’s major activities and will play a critical role in shaping its future.
An indicative list of responsibilities of the Fellow is as below:
- Researching, drafting and supporting the filing of public interest petitions;
- Liasing with lawyers who argue the cases we file and briefing them etc.;
- Working on other advocacy initiatives from time to time;
- Supervising IDIA’s student research and policy teams in the preparation of research reports, news and journal articles, consultation papers etc.
The applicant should be a law graduate and should be passionate about public interest litigation and advocacy. Prior experience in dispute resolution/litigation is desirable, but not mandatory. 2018 graduates are welcome to apply.
Will be commensurate with skills and experience, and on par with similar positions in the non-profit sector.
How to apply
Send an email to email@example.com with the following subject line: “Application for the position of P-PIL Fellow”. Along with your email, please attach your CV and the following documents:
1. short statement/cover letter of not more than 500 words on why you are a suitable candidate for the position; and
2. writing sample (published or unpublished) of not more than 2000 words on a legal topic.
Click Here for more Articles
Click Here to write your own Blog/Article on Legal Bites