JOB: Legal Assistant | National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli
Applications are invited for filling up 1 post of Temporary Legal Assistant on purely contract basis for National Institute of Technology (NIT) Tiruchirappalli. The initial appointment is for a period of six months subject to renewal after every six months on the basis of the appraisal and recommendations by the Committee constituted for the purpose / Competent Authority.… Read More »
Applications are invited for filling up 1 post of Temporary Legal Assistant on purely contract basis for National Institute of Technology (NIT) Tiruchirappalli. The initial appointment is for a period of six months subject to renewal after every six months on the basis of the appraisal and recommendations by the Committee constituted for the purpose / Competent Authority.
- Assisting and coordinating with various officials Where legal opinion is required.
- Should be familiar with important judgments related to Educational Institutions.
- In-depth knowledge of Civil and Criminal Laws, Rules, Guidelines, etc.,
- Preparing legal briefs, formulating strategies, liaison with Institute advocates/counsel / Court on various legal matters.
- Respond to any legal queries and validate responses drafted by the Officials of the Institute.
- Responsible for maintaining complete records for all the legal documentation(s) / File maintenance system.
- Wetting of MoUs / Agreements / Terms and Conditions etc., referred by the Institute.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English / Tamil / Hindi.
- Should be familiar with the basics of computer applications like Emails, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.,
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Time management skills to plan, organize tasks, set priorities for responsibilities, multitasking skills, attention to details, utilization of organizational skills, ability to work independently as well as a team member.
- Support concerned officials of the Institute in legal activities.
- Self-driven / self-motivated, result-driven, planning and strong follow-up skills, downto-earth approach in getting things done, willingness to work extra hours as per Essential need, passionate to work apart from present in the Institute in working hours.
- Candidates should read carefully the requisite minimum essential qualifications, age and eligibility, experience criteria etc. laid down in the advertisement before applying for this post. Since all the applications will be screened on the basis of data submitted by the candidate in the application form, the candidates must satisfy themselves of the suitability for the position to which they are applying. If at any stage during the recruitment and selection process, it is found that candidates have furnished false or wrong information, their candidature will be rejected.
- Duly filled in prescribed application form along with the supporting documents should be sent to [email protected] on or before 15th February 2021.
- The list of provisionally admitted candidates will be listed on the institute website on 16.02.2021. The admitted candidates will also be informed through their email id. The online interview will be held on 18.02.2021 from 09.00 AM onwards through the CISCO WebEx platform.
- Fulfillment of qualification and experience is an essential requirement. The Institute also reserves the right to shortlist the number of candidates and Selection criteria depending upon the number of applications received. The decision of the Selection Committee is final. Further, National Institute of Technology (NIT) Tiruchirappalli also reserves the right not to fill the post advertised, in the event of exigency so decided.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the test/interview.
- Please note that this is purely a temporary arrangement and appearance in the Written Test / Interview and selection thereafter, does not entitle for any claim what-so-ever or permanency on the regular establishment.
- This post does not confer any right on the applicant to claim either continuous employment or permanency in future.
- The engagement can be terminated with one-month notice in writing, either side.
- Immediate Joinee will be preferred.
- Candidate should submit in case of his/her selection. the following documents in original along with a set of self-attested copies of the originals, otherwise the candidature will not be considered for the further selection process.
- 10th standard and 10+2 Mark sheets
- Degree Certificates
- Degree Mark lists
- Documentary evidence for experience
- ID Proof (Aadhaar Card / Passport)
- Supporting documents for your claims in the application
- Selected candidates will be intimated through the Institute website and email.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to disqualification.
Key Dates (Tentative)
- Date and Time of Online Interview 18.02.2021 at 09:00 AM
- Tentative Joining Date. 22.02.2021