Legal Job opportunity at WhatsApp India - Nodal Contact and Grievance Officer
Legal Job opportunity at Whatsapp India, Gurugram for Nodal Contact and Grievance officer. Whatsapp is looking for a highly motivated professional. The selected candidate will coordinate with law enforcement agencies in India, including facilitating timely responses to valid legal requests under applicable law and our policies. This person shall also oversee the Company’s acknowledgment, redressal, and response to… Read More »
Legal Job opportunity at Whatsapp India, Gurugram for Nodal Contact and Grievance officer. Whatsapp is looking for a highly motivated professional. The selected candidate will coordinate with law enforcement agencies in India, including facilitating timely responses to valid legal requests under applicable law and our policies. This person shall also oversee the Company’s acknowledgment, redressal, and response to user complaints and grievances. The ideal candidate will be an experienced professional with significant prior experience in working with and/or within law enforcement agencies and managing user grievance programs. This person would be passionate about WhatsApp and an avid user of the app.
- Overseeing 24/7 coordination with law enforcement agencies while working with internal teams to respond to legal requests/requisitions.
- Maintaining high standards of judgment while handling numerous time-sensitive escalations with competing priorities.
- Ensuring that law enforcement and regulatory requests/requisitions are acknowledged, reviewed and handled pursuant to applicable law and WhatsApp’s policies.
- Acknowledging, redressal and disposing of user complaints within legally stipulated time-lines.
- Providing regular feedback to internal teams regarding the company’s law enforcement operations in India, areas of concern for those agencies, and cybercrime trends and issues.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to ensure timely processing of user complaints in accordance with WhatsApp’s internal policies and applicable law.
- Advise cross-functional teams on matters of user grievances, redressal program, and process improvements to improve user experience and internal efficiencies.
- Collaborate with relevant teams to support response to government inquiries related to user grievances.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 10+ years of related experience handling law enforcement matters or similar investigative experience with law enforcement or security agencies, including experience related to cybercrime and online investigations.
- Familiarity with the Indian legal system and protocols, including laws and procedures about legal requests related to online platforms.
- Experience of managing user complaints and grievances redressal programs.
- Ability and willingness to work off hours, including weekends and holidays, to support emergency matters and interact with globally-based company employees.
- Fluency in both English and Hindi (fluency in another Indian language is an advantage).
- Experience and familiarity in the online world, including with internet technologies, cyber laws, security and privacy matters, online safety issues, cybercrime investigations, online content moderation, and related policy topics in India.
- Experience in reviewing, processing, and tracking legal documents (e.g., civil and criminal subpoenas, court orders, and search warrants).
- Experience working within law enforcement authorities and/or security agencies.
- Experience working on a fast-paced team while exercising strong critical thinking skills, good judgment, agile prioritization, and steady presence of mind in a rapidly changing environment.
- Experience in analyzing and resolving multiple issues and challenges while meeting tight deadlines in a dynamic, start-up culture, working closely with multiple stakeholders.
- Willingness to travel frequently within India and occasionally outside the region once the COVID-19 situation resolves.
To apply – Click Here