Job: Legal Officer at TISS | Tata Institute of Social Sciences
Tata Institute of Social Sciences(TISS) is inviting applications for one post of ‘Legal Officer’ on contract basis for a period of one year initially and extendable based on the performance of the candidate and requirement. About TISS The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) was established in 1936 and was awarded the ‘Deemed to be University’ status in… Read More »
Tata Institute of Social Sciences(TISS) is inviting applications for one post of ‘Legal Officer’ on contract basis for a period of one year initially and extendable based on the performance of the candidate and requirement.
The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) was established in 1936 and was awarded the ‘Deemed to be University’ status in 1964. TISS is fully funded by the University Grants Commission, Government of India and operates from its main campus in Mumbai, and the off-campuses at Tuljapur, Guwahati and Hyderabad. Currently, the Institute offers 52 Masters’ Degree programmes and 18 M. Phil. and Ph. D. programmes in a range of socially relevant inter-disciplinary areas of Social Work, Social Sciences, Education, Public Policy, Public Health, Human Resource Management, Labor Studies, Media and Culture, Applied Psychology, Disaster Studies, and Habitat Studies. BA degree programs in Social Sciences and Social Work are also offered from its off-campuses.
A high degree of freedom and autonomy shape the positive work ethos and culture of the Institute facilitating strong linkages between teaching, research, field action and dissemination. The Institute provides significant space and resources for basic and policy research and nurtures multiple research collaborations with some of the best universities and institutions across the globe. TISS provides work opportunities to scholars committed to creating a just society through education, generation of knowledge and field action.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law from recognised University/Institute with aggregate of 60% marks. A good academic record with at least 55% of aggregate marks or B+ in the academic 10 point grade scale.
- Five years experience as an advocator as a law officer in Legal Department of Central or State
- Government or any renowned organisation.
- Good skills in Microsoft Office.
The preference may be given to the candidates having Master Degree in Law or Diploma in any specialized fields of Law.
- To ensure that the best legal action is taken by the Institute, Legal Officer may have to perform the following tasks.
- To provide legal support and represent the University in certain Civil/Criminal litigation.
- To perform work related to the RTI matters of the Institute.
- To guide on legal aspects of the staff engagements, project contracts.
- To represent as member secretary for Committee against Sexual Harassment in university.
- To performing other relevant duties as required.
- Vetting of MoUs and drafting standard agreements
Rs. 60,000/- per month
Last date for online application
October 30, 2020.
Application Process and Interview
- Candidates are requested to apply online through the link (Apply now) provided along with this advertisement on the Institute website.
- Candidates are required to take a print of acknowledgement of online application and keep it for future reference.
- Short-listed candidates will be informed over e-mail and/or mobile phone to appear for the interview to be conducted at TISS, Mumbai.
Selected Candidates are expected to Join within 15 Days of Selection.
The application fee of Rs. 500/- to be paid online. SC/ST/PWD/Women candidates will be waived from the application fee if they attach the required certificate to the online application form.