Having successfully organized four National Essay Writing Competitions in the past, to promote original legal writing and research work in the field of law, we are delighted to bring to you the first edition of our National Environmental Law Essay Writing Competition. As stated by our Honorable Prime Minister, Mr. Narendra Modi, “people’s participation is the essence of good governance”, and with India as the second most populous country in the world, we need to ensure that people have a big role to play to help the government achieve goals and shape successful policies.
LexQuest is pleased to invite you to put forward your views on the relationship between public participation and the implementation of environmental laws and how this may translate into good environmental governance.
Role of Public in Environmental Governance in India
Any student pursuing an undergraduate, postgraduate or professional course in any recognized University / College in India
- The Essay must be written in English.
- Only one essay per participant may be submitted. Multiple or incomplete submissions will lead to disqualification.
- Co-authorship is not permitted.
- The essay shall not be plagiarized. Only the original essays will be considered for the competition. No part of it should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere. Any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of the essay. The participants will submit a separate undertaking with regard to the originality of work.
- Copyright of the Essays shall rest with the organizers. Organizers hold the right to republish the essays if required.
- Identification mark (name or any mark which identifies the Author) must not be found in any part of the essay.
- The Participants must submit their essay via e-mail only, with the following attachments:
- Essay in MS Word format with the subject “Essay Writing Competition”.
- Cover page containing Name, Nationality, Address, Email ID, Contact Number and Name of the College / University of the Participant.
Length of the Essay
- The submission shall consist of an Abstract, Essay, and Bibliography.
- The Abstract should not be more than 250 words including title and keywords.
- The length of the essay should be between 1800 to 2000 words.
- Footnotes must conform to the authoritative standard rules of citation and must include a description of each authority adequate enough to allow a reasonable reader to identify and locate the authority in a publication of general circulation.
- Font type: Times New Roman
- Font size: 12 pt
- Line spacing: 1.5
- Page number: Top right of the page
- Footnote size: 10 pt
Registration fee is Rs. 200/- only. Special early bird registration fee for first 30 participants is Rs. 150/- only.
All queries and submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org only, with the subject: “LexQuest 1st National Environmental Law Essay Writing Competition, 2018”.
Last date for registration:
28th February 2018
Last date for submission:
31st March 2018
He is a scholar of Masters in Diplomacy, Law, and Business at Jindal School of International Affairs; a law graduate; an ardent and passionate writer; an enthusiastic learner; a liberal opinionist, a workaholic, a night owl, and a humble, witty character.