With the aim and objective to promote the interests of the students and professionals in the arena of Corporate Law, LexQuest, a Research and Educational Organisation, in collaboration with CorpComm Legal, a Full Service Corporate Law Firm, with its head office in New Delhi, is pleased to present the very first edition of the National Corporate Law Essay Writing Competition, 2018.
The recent developments in the corporate world have conferred upon it, the role of an engine in the economic growth process of the country. The sector has been regulating the interaction among the business houses, investors, creditors, shareholders and any juristic person with regard to their rights, relations, conduct, and obligations.
In addition, FDI is into full flow and the foreign companies are taking a huge leap into the Indian market, thus enhancing the need of the “corporate lawyers” who could assist them with their set up in the corporate sector of the country. The Corporate Law Firms out there are increasing their capital by acquiring the big fish of the market. It can be thus concluded that the scope of Corporate Law is widening now more than ever! Hence, here is also a chance for you to pen down your analytical views about the corporate world of our country and enhance your capital & knowledge by being the best.
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code
- Company Law Amendment
- RBI: A Sleeping Watchdog?
- Corporate Ethics
- Role of Independent Directors
Note: These are just themes that you could write on. These are not actual topics for the Essay Writing Competition.
Any student or professional is free to participate and put forth their views through this Essay Writing Competition.
- The Essay must be written in English.
- Co-authorship is allowed. Multiple or incomplete submissions will lead to disqualification.
- The essay shall not be plagiarized. Only the original essays will be considered for the competition. No part of it should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere. Any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of the essay. The participants will submit a separate undertaking with regard to the originality of work.
- Copyright of the Essays shall rest with the organizers. Organizers hold the right to republish the essays if required.
- Identification mark (name or any mark which identifies the Author) must not be found in any part of the essay.
- The participants must submit their essay via e-mail only, with the following attachments:
- Essay in MS Word / Open Document / Google Document format with the subject “Essay Writing Competition”.
- Cover Page containing Name, Nationality, Address, Email ID, Contact Number and Name of the College / University of the participant.
- The submission shall consist of an Abstract, Essay, and Bibliography.
- The Abstract should not be more than 250 words including title and keywords.
- The length of the essay should be between 1800 to 2000 words.
- Footnotes must conform to the authoritative standard rules of citation and must include a description of each authority adequate enough to allow a reasonable reader to identify and locate the authority in a publication of general circulation.
- Font Type: Times New Roman
- Font Size: 12 pt
- Line Spacing: 1.5
- Page Number: Top right of the page
- Footnote Size: 10 pt
Note: All queries and submissions must be sent to [email protected] only, with the subject: “LexQuest 1st National Corporate Law Essay Writing Competition, 2018”.
- Single Author: Rs. 350/-
- Co-authors: Rs. 500/-
- Single Author: Rs. 750/-
- Co-authors: Rs. 1000/-
Last date for Registration:
31st March 2018
Last date for Submission:
15th April 2018