MCIP 2021 Masters' Conference on Intellectual Property | RGSOIPL, IIT Kharagpur [Submit by: Jan 20]
About MCIP 2021 MCIP (Masters’ Conference on Intellectual Property) is the flagship annual masters’ conference by RGSOIPL. It is aimed at bringing together masters’ students from across the globe and providing them with a platform to debate and deliberate the contemporary issues in Intellectual Property Law and Policy. In a globalised information economy, the significance of Intellectual Property… Read More »
About MCIP 2021
MCIP (Masters’ Conference on Intellectual Property) is the flagship annual masters’ conference by RGSOIPL. It is aimed at bringing together masters’ students from across the globe and providing them with a platform to debate and deliberate the contemporary issues in Intellectual Property Law and Policy.
In a globalised information economy, the significance of Intellectual Property Rights and the associated policy questions cannot be overstated. While IP policy definitely bears significant relevance for corporations and MNCs, it also has other significant roles which are often underemphasized. The role of IP policy in promoting socio-economic equality, protecting indigenous culture and tradition, incentivizing identity et cetera often go unnoticed by IP researchers. MCIP aims at being the platform which brings forth these issues to the discussion forum. We, at RGSOIPL, believe in thinking global and acting local, and MCIP is the embodiment of this particular belief!
About the Organiser
Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law (RGSOIPL), IIT Kharagpur is the first (and only) law school within the IIT ecosystem. With a legacy of over fourteen years, it has continuously been ranked among the top law schools of India.
All masters’ students (from any discipline of law) from across the globe are eligible to apply. Those who have completed their master’s in the last two years can also apply.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified to confirm their registrations and participate.
26 February 2021 to 28 February 2021.
Due to the pandemic, MCIP 2021 will be conducted virtually.
Registrations are open in three tracks:
- Paper presentation
- Policy Hackathon
Interested participants are required to apply at https://erp.iitkgp.ac.in/CEP/courses Those interested in presenting a paper will have to submit their abstract during the application process. Registrants from other tracks need not submit any abstract during the application process.
Shortlisted participants will be contacted back by the Organiser.
Track-specific registration details can be found in the brochure.
- In view of the unprecedented consequences of the pandemic, the Organising Committee has decided to allow a partial fee waiver to the participants of the conference and the policy hackathon team. Registration fee waiver of 40% will be considered for the presenter, non-presenter category and the policy hackathon participant team registration.
- To apply for a fee waiver, applicants will need to send an email to [email protected] addressed to the ‘Organising Committee’ MCIP with justification for a fee waiver.
The registration fee post fee waiver will be:
- Registration fee for a participant (Non-presenter): Rs 300/-
- Registration fee for the participant as a presenter: Rs 1000/-
- Conference participation as well as Policy Hackathon (team of 3): Rs 1400
For paper presentation
- Co-authorship is allowed up to two authors only.
- Registration fee (to be paid only after shortlisting):-
- Single author: INR 2500 (for Indian nationals) [Changed]
- 50 USD (for foreign nationals)
- Co-authored papers: INR 3800/75 USD
For policy hackathon
- Participants have to register in teams of 3. Individual participation is not allowed.
- Registration fee: 3600 per team (for Indian teams) [Changed]
- 70 USD for international teams)
For participation only
- Only a limited number of participants will be allowed on ‘first come, first served’ basis.
- Participants will have access to the technical sessions, virtual conference kit, resource library, policy bootcamps, as well as the policy pitching sessions.
- Registration fee per participant: 750 INR (for Indian nationals) [Changed]
- 20 USD (foreign nationals)
- Green awards for selected best papers (Global Masters’ Research Award 2021)
- ‘Policy Hacker’ award for the winning team in policy hackathon (Sustainable Policy Award 2021)
- Possible publication of top 10 papers with leading publishers
For paper presentation
- Last date for abstract submission and submission of application: 8 February 2021
- Intimation of provisional offer to selected candidates: 10 February 2021
- Last date for final registration and payment confirmation by the author: 15 February 2021
- Last date for full paper submission: 23 February 2021
For policy hackathon
- Last date for applying: 10 February 2021
- Last date for final registration and payment confirmation: 15 February 2021
- Last date for registration and payment confirmation: 10 February 2021
Click here to view Brochure
Email: [email protected].
- Ditipriya: +91-89816 79686
- Ridhi: +91-70815 48257
- Vaishali: +91-78449 05669.
CEP Website: Availbale here
Application Procedure: Click here to view
Payment Procedure: Click here to view