MP Judicial Services Exam | Civil Judge Exam Grade-II (Entry Level) (Phase-II) is organized by the Madhya Pradesh High Court to hire suitable candidates for the post of Civil Judge Grade II.
The MP Judicial Services Exam official notification will be released on the website of the Madhya Pradesh High Court i.e. www.mphcgov.in and also on the state public service commission website in case the exam is organized by the PSC at Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission.
The examination shall be conducted in three stages, Online Preliminary Examination which constitutes the Multiple Choice Objective test, with negative marking. After qualifying this exam candidate is required to appear for the Main Examination which is Descriptive and conducted in written format. The candidates who are successful in this test will be eligible for the Viva-Voce Test. Then the final round of interviews is Viva-voce which face to face with an examiner.
No. of Vacancy
Stages of Exams: Prelims, Mains and Personality Test
MP Judicial Services Exam Important Dates
|Exam Notification||5 September 2020|
|Starting Date of Online Application||22 September 2020|
|Last Date of Online Application||5 November 2020|
|Last Date of Correction||12 November 2020|
Education Qualification: Candidate who has completed their LLB degree of duration 3 or 5 years from a Government and Bar Council recognized University will be eligible for the application for the MP High Court Civil Judge Class II recruitment exam.
Age Limit: The lower age limit to apply for MP High Court Civil Judge Recruitment is 21 Years while the upper age limit is 35 years as on the 1st January 2020. Age Relaxation of 3 years applicable to specified categories. **
General Requirements: He/she must be a citizen Of India in sound health, with a good moral character and must not be linked to or have a history with any criminal case involving moral descent.
** Must Read: Official Notification
Candidates must follow the following steps to register for the exam online for Madhya Pradesh Judicial Services Online:
- Visit the official website of the MP Public Service Commission and click on the link for the application.
- Enter all the crucial details such as name, date of birth, address, educational qualifications and anything asked
- Upload scanned photo passport size along with a signature in the format & size asked
- Pay the fee for the application
The application fee for general category is 1122.16/- whereas for the OBC/SC/ST category is Rs 722.16/-
It is to be paid online while filling up the application form for MP High Court Civil Judge Grade II recruitment for 2020.
MP Judicial Service Admit Card 2020
After the documents and the details submitted in the application are validated, the board of MP for the exam will release the admit card on the official website for all the eligible candidates. The candidates can go to the website and download the admit card issued by MP High Court through its official website. Typically, admit cards for MP Judicial Service Exam are released 2 weeks before the examination date.
Candidates must fill in all the mandatory credentials and then go ahead to download the admit card. After candidates download their admit card, they should take the printout and retain it until the day of the exam. It must be then taken for examination to validate your identity.
MP Judicial Service Exam Pattern
Syllabus – Online Preliminary Exam – Madhya Pradesh Civil Judge
The Online Preliminary Examination is for two hours, with 150 objective-type questions of one mark each. The break-up is as below:
- Constitution of India – 10 Questions
- Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 – 15 Questions
- Transfer of Property Act, 1882 – 7 Questions
- Indian Contract Act, 1872 – 8 Questions
- Specific Relief Act, 1963 – 6 Questions
- Limitation Act, 1963 – 4 Questions
- MP Accommodation Control Act, 1961 – 5 Questions
- MP Land Revenue Code, 1959 – 5 Questions
- Indian Evidence Act, 1872 – 15 Questions
- Indian Penal Code, 1861 – 15 Questions
- Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 – 15 Questions
- Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881 – 5 Questions
- General Knowledge – 20 Questions
- Computer Knowledge – 10 Questions
- English Knowledge – 10 Questions
Syllabus for the Main Written Exam – Madhya Pradesh Civil Judge Exam
The Main Examination consists of four Question Papers each paper carrying 100 marks which means a total of 400 marks. The time duration for all four question papers is of 3 hours.
Question Paper I
- Constitution of India
- Code of Civil Procedure, 1908
- Transfer of Property Act, 1882
- Indian Contract Act, 1872
- Specific Reliefs Act, 1963 (I, II and VI to VIII)
- Limitation Act, 1963 (Parts II & III)
Question Paper II
- Writing on Social Issue
- Writing on Legal Issue
- Precis Writing
- Translation (Hindi to English)
- Translation (English to Hindi)
Question Paper III
- MP Accommodation Control Act, 1961
- MP Land Revenue Code, 1959
- Indian Evidence Act, 1872
- Indian Penal Code, 1860
- Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973
- Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881
Question Paper IV
- Framing of Issues- 10 marks
- Framing of Charges- 10 marks
- Judgement or Order (Civil) Writing for Civil Judge II Class level
- Judgement or Order (Criminal) Writing for Judicial Magistrate First Class Level
For the writing of Judgement or Order, Written Statement, Charge Sheet, as well as a Complaint, will be given as applicable.
Viva-voce or Personal Interview
The last round will be of viva-voce which will a round of personal interview with an examiner. The maximum marks for the viva-voce round is 50. Only the marks from the main exam and the viva-voce will be used for arriving at the final rankings.
None of the candidates, regardless of the marks secured by him in the Main Examination, will be authorized for selection, if he does not secure the minimum marks enlisted in the test for Viva-Voce.
MP Judicial Service Exam Result 2020
The MP High Court Civil Judge Grade II Mains Result will be released within a few weeks. The candidates shortlisted in the mains examination will only be able to appear in the Civil Judge Grade II interview. Then, followed by the conduction of the Main Exam, the result will be declared on the official website for the mains exam. The final result will be declared after the interview round. Therefore, candidates need to stay in touch with the updates and visit the official website on a consistent basis to get timely information.
Must Read: Official Notification