National e-Conference on A Governing Judiciary: To Be or Not To Be | Saroj Lalji Mehrotra Centre of Legal Studies | 29th & 30th October, 2021
National e-Conference on A Governing Judiciary: To Be or Not To Be will be organized by Saroj Lalji Mehrotra Centre of Legal Studies on 29th & 30th October 2021. About Saroj Lalji Mehrotra Centre of Legal Studies Saroj Lalji Mehrotra Centre of Legal Studies has been established at S.S. Khanna Girls’ Degree College for B.A.LL.B. (Hons.) The Centre… Read More »
National e-Conference on A Governing Judiciary: To Be or Not To Be will be organized by Saroj Lalji Mehrotra Centre of Legal Studies on 29th & 30th October 2021.
About Saroj Lalji Mehrotra Centre of Legal Studies
Saroj Lalji Mehrotra Centre of Legal Studies has been established at S.S. Khanna Girls’ Degree College for B.A.LL.B. (Hons.) The Centre has been granted affiliation by the University of Allahabad and Approval of Affiliation by the Bar Council of India. The Centre has been awarded a Certificate of Appreciation as Emerging Law College within six months of the establishment of the Centre.
Theme – National e-Conference on A Governing Judiciary: To Be or Not To Be
Our Constitutional order vests in Courts a jurisdiction to do justice, at once omnipresent and omnipotent, but controlled and guided by the refined yet flexible censor called judicial discretion. Discretion is extraordinary in its amplitude. Its limit, when it chases injustice, is the sky itself. It shall be exercised by the Judges of the land with scrupulous adherence to judicial principles well established by precedents. A Judge is not a knight errant roaming at will in pursuit of his own ideal of beauty or of justice. In this backdrop, the present conference is being organized to provide an opportunity to discuss and deliberate the theme in detail.
- To bring together academicians, researchers, professionals, and practitioners.
- To deliberate and discuss the emerging trends in judicial governance.
- To ensure significant and positive outcomes by sharing vibrant ideas.
- To publish comprehensive literature on the topic.
- Judicial Overreach: When Required as a Necessary Evil
- Averting Judicial Overreach
- Judicial Overreach: A Dangerous Terrain
- Balancing Individual and State Rights
- Judicial Activism to Judicial Adventurism: Defining Limits
- Judicial Discretion: Canalised Authority, Not Arbitrary Eccentricity
- Research papers are invited from academicians, professionals, practitioners, and research scholars on the emerging issues and areas related to the broader sub-themes.
- The selected papers will be published in the form of an edited book by a reputed publisher with ISBN.
- Out of the selected papers, ten papers shall be selected for presentation. The best presentation shall receive a Best Paper Award comprising a cash prize of rupees 5000 along with a certificate of merit.
- The word limit for a full paper is 2000-3000 words (excluding footnotes) to be submitted in MS Word format.
- The paper must be in Times New Roman font, size 12 with 1.5 line spacing and 1” margin on all sides.
- The paper must be accompanied with an abstract of 200-250 words along with a brief profile of the author/s indicating his/her/their email ID, contact number, designation, institutional affiliation, and address.
- Co-authorship is allowed up to a maximum of two authors.
- Full paper must be mailed to [email protected]
- Rs 750 for a single author
- Rs 1500 for co-authors
Registration Link – Click Here
- Account Holder’s Name: SSKGDC Law Faculty
- Account No: 86152010033935
- IFSC Code: CNRB0018615
- Branch Name: SKP Allahabad
- Submission of full paper: 20th October 2021
- Date of Conference: 29th & 30th October 2021
- Email ID: [email protected]
- For registration – +91 87953 47495
- For paper submission – +91 97927 82607
- Ms. Subodhika Sharma
- Ms. Mohini Shukla
- Mrs. Pallavi Gupta
- Ms. Riya Sinha
- Mr. Rohit Rohilla
Reported By – Organizing Team