5th Surana & Surana and UPES, School of Law National Insolvency Law Moot Court Competition | Register by 20th September
UPES School of Law is proud to announce its fifth edition of Surana & Surana and UPES School of Law National Insolvency Law Moot Court Competition, 2022-23 in association with its esteemed joint organizer Surana & Surana International Attorneys, Chennai scheduled from October 14th-16th October 2022. About UPES Established in the year 2007, UPES has emerged as a… Read More »
UPES School of Law is proud to announce its fifth edition of Surana & Surana and UPES School of Law National Insolvency Law Moot Court Competition, 2022-23 in association with its esteemed joint organizer Surana & Surana International Attorneys, Chennai scheduled from October 14th-16th October 2022.
Established in the year 2007, UPES has emerged as a premier institution and is the first Indian University specializing in Energy Laws. The School of Law, under the aegis of UPES, is a unique, domain-specific institution with specialization in courses like Energy Law, Corporate Law, Taxation Law, Cyber Law, Criminal law, Labour law, and IPR, among others.
The mooting culture in UPES School of Law flourishes with National and International competitions that the university hosts, with a vast array of seminars, webinars, workshops, and sessions by experts happening regularly, for both inter and intra-university facilitation.
UPES School of Law has been successfully organizing Surana & Surana and UPES School of Law National ‘Insolvency Law’ Moot Court Competition for the past four years. The competition aims at creating opportunities for learning and testing one’s skills in the field of insolvency law.
About 5th Surana & Surana and UPES, School of Law National Insolvency Law Moot Court Competition
Surana & Surana and UPES School of Law National Insolvency Law Moot Court Competition has been conceived with the aim of creating opportunities and a platform for discussion of developing jurisprudence on emerging trends in Insolvency Law besides developing cutting-edge skills in research, writing, and advocacy.
Since its inception, the competition has grown by leaps and bounds with excellent participation from all over the country. The university has been a host with utmost zeal and drive for all of the past editions, and plans to continue the tradition with the same affection for knowledge this year too.
The 5th edition will be held virtually this year. The platform for the competition is via virtual conference.
Eligibility, Team Size, and Other Information
- The competition is open for students who are pursuing LLB three-year/five-year course during the current academic year.
- Each team should consist of 3-4 members. This number cannot be modified under any circumstances.
- There shall be 2 speakers and 1(or 2) researcher(s) designated for each team. The researcher shall be allowed to argue with the prior permission of the court and National Administrator in case of illness of the designated speakers.
- Teams should not disclose the identity of their institution; such disclosure shall invite penalties including disqualification. The decision for the same shall be at the discretion of the National Administrator.
- Online registrations are open from 20th August 2022. The last date for registration is 20th September 2022 (Click Here).
- For the purpose of efficient competition, there is a capping of only 30 teams on a first-come-first-serve basis who shall participate in this competition.
- A registration fee of Rs. 3000/- shall be charged for this edition.
- The registered participants will receive a team code within 2 days from the last date of registration and confirmation of payment, which will function as their identity for submission of the memorials.
- Winning Team: Rs. 30,000/-
- Runner-up Team: Rs.15,000/-
- Best Memorial: Rs. 5,000/-
- Second Best Memorial: Rs. 2,500/-
- Best Student Advocate: Rs. 5,000/-
- Second Best Student Advocate: Rs. 2,500/-
In addition to the above awards, certificates will be given to other categories of winners. All participants will be awarded participation certificates. The awards ceremony shall be conducted virtually.
|Commencement of Online Registration||20th August 2022|
|Last date for Online Registration||20th September 2022|
|Last date for seeking clarifications of Problem||20th September 2022|
|Release of clarifications||23rd September 2022|
|Last Date for Submission of Memorials||30th September 2022|
|Inauguration, orientation, Memorial Exchange, and Researchers Test||14th October 2022|
|Oral Rounds – Preliminary Round and Quarter-Finals||15th October 2022|
|Oral Rounds – Semi-Finals and Finals||16th October 2022|
|Valediction & Prize Distribution||16th October 2022|
For any kind of information contact relating to Competition:[email protected].
Ms. Dhwaja Shrivastava, Student Convener, MCA
- E-mail ID: [email protected]
- Phone Number: +91 70005 12229
Submitted By: Organising Committee