National Moot Court Competition – Checkmate 2020 is being organised by Army Institute of Law, Mohali. This year the rounds are to be held via Virtual mode from 15th -17th October 2020
About National Moot Court Competition | Checkmate 2020
The Army Institute of Law facilitates its support to the student community and takes immense pleasure in announcing the 10th edition of its National Moot Court Competition, “Checkmate 2020”.
Deadline for provisional registration: September 18th, 2020.
- Only one team from each participating college shall be registered for the competition. Each team shall comprise of either three members (two Speakers and one Researcher) or two members (two Speakers) only.
- No faculty member, coach, observer or a designated observer or fourth member is allowed to accompany the team and neither will be allowed to join the video-conferencing nor the chat room during the session.
- The language for the Competition will be English only.
- Participation is restricted to bonafide law students either enrolled in the 3-year LL.B course or the 5-year integrated law course from a recognized college.
The teams should provisionally register through by sending an e-mail to [email protected] with subject Moot Court Registration Checkmate 2020 by September 18th, 2020.
Only 32 teams will be registered to participate in the competition on a first come first serve basis.
Once the provisional registration is confirmed, the registration fee is Rs 2000/- for each participating team, and is to be submitted by September 23rd 2020, through the online transaction by online transfer to the following Bank details –
Account Holder Name: Army Institute of Law (Main Account)
- Bank Name: SBI
- Branch Name: SBI Chandimandir
- Account Number: 65230658237
- IFSC Code : SBIN0050195
The scanned copy of the receipt (of payment of Rs. 2000/- paid using online mode) along with the duly filled registration form should be sent on or before September 23 rd, 2020, via email to [email protected], with the following details:
Details of Payment
- Date of payment
- Teams are required to send the scanned copy of their Institute’s ID card with this form.
- Best Team: Rs 15,000/- along with E-Certificates
- Runner Up: Rs 10,000/- along with E-Certificates
- Best Memorial: Rs 7,000/- along with E-Certificates
- Best Speaker: Rs 5,000/- along with E-Certificates
- 2nd Best Speaker: Rs 3,000/- along with E-Certificates
- Best Pre-recorded Video: Rs 5,000/- along with E-Certificates
Note: All the Participants will get participation certificates. E-Certificates shall be mailed to the teams within fifteen days from the event.
- Ms. Aafreen Choudhary: +91 7696152800
- Mr. Rajesh Jha: +91 9779719927
About the college
The Army Institute of Law (AIL) was established in July 1999 by the Indian Army under the aegis of the Army Welfare Education Society (AWES) at its interim location at Patiala.
On December 1, 2003, the Mohali Campus was inaugurated by Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, the then President of India. The Institute is affiliated to the Punjabi University, Patiala and approved by the Bar Council of India. With ‘Aspire & Achieve’ as its motto, the Institute has grown as a Centre of Excellence in the field of legal education. It conducts a five year BA.LLB and one-year LL.M course.