Last Updated on by Admin LB
Law College Dehradun, Faculty of Uttaranchal University, is organizing a National Paper Presentation on ADR Methods For Environmental Disputes under the aegis of Vasundhara – The Green Society.
About Uttaranchal University
Uttaranchal University has at its core a commitment towards the diffusion of legal, scientific, technical and professional knowledge on one hand and on the other the building up of the character of youth by integrating ethics with education and practice with theory. Uttaranchal University can boast of being an institution par excellence in offering a prodigious student life with access to comprehensive academic courses, recreational facilities, cultural activities, a wide range of research endeavors, and industry interface.
The University is complimented by the pioneering efforts of more than a decade in legal education, engineering and management which has won us place among the premier institutes of learning in the nation. Our never-ending dedication to offering the best infrastructure and faculty has been amply rewarded by the excellent academic results achieved by our students.
We are passionate towards ensuring the manifestation of a collaborative environment conducive to learning, exposure to the best international practices and promotion of innovation and creativity. To add to its splendor, and suiting best to the title of “temple of education”, the University is situated in the lap of Devbhoomi, Uttarakhand surrounded by the fascinating geological setting and is flanked by NH-72 on one side and a beautiful broad slithering river on the other side. The pine trees surrounding the area lend a pristine and wholesome ambience to the campus.
About Law College Dehradun
Law College Dehradun has splendidly contributed to legal education in the country since its inception and inauguration by His Excellency Shri Surjeet Singh Barnala, the then Governor of Uttarakhand in 2002. It has set a paradigm for legal education in the nation by offering innovative, research-driven discourses that are aimed at striking a balance between legal theory and practice. With scholarly and experience-rich faculty, the college commands an enviable position of being in the league of topmost Law Schools of the country.
The college has earned many laurels to its credit; it has pioneered the 5- years BA.LL.B. and BBA.LL.B. integrated undergraduate course in the northern region of India, it is the first independent Law College and also the first to introduce one year LL.M. degree course in the state of Uttarakhand.
About Vasundhara – The Green Society
Vasundhara- The Green Society intends to create awareness and increase the consciousness & knowledge about the environmental issues. It aims at the creation of a Green Campus with phased initiatives involving the student community and all the stake holders making the University the first of its kind in the region to achieve environmental social responsibility. The society has a global vision with a local focus and collaborates with similar institutions to enhance efficient use of resources & sustainable development. The society aims to provide training, promote research development and create awareness on environment & the need for its protection & conservation through various environmental education programs at the international and national levels.
About National Paper Presentation on ADR Methods For Environmental Disputes
A different style of competition, Paper Presentation involves researching and writing a legal essay and then presenting it to a panel of judges. This competition provides a platform to enhance the research as well as the communication skills of the participants. The competition aims to develop interest among the students to explore and analyze legal issues, especially related to environmental law.
- International Arbitration in Environmental Disputes
- Role of Arbitral Benches in Environmental Dispute Resolution
- Relevance of Special Environmental Benches
- Arbitration, a new way for resolving Environmental Disputes in India
Note: The main theme/topic for writing the article cannot be changed, students may choose any one or any combination of the above-given sub-themes.
- All the students who are pursuing Undergraduate and Postgraduate Courses from any recognised University from India and abroad are eligible to participate.
- Multiple Participation is allowed i.e. one person can register for more than one entry
- 1st Position: ₹1000/-
- 2nd Position: Certificate of Merit
- 3rd Position: Certificate of Merit
Participants who have registered themselves and have sent their photographs shall be rewarded a Certificate of Participation. (E-Certificate)
- Registration Open: 14th November 2021
- Registration Deadline: 20th November 2021
- Submission Deadline: 25th November 2021
- Result Declaration: 15th July 2022
- No late submissions will be accepted.
- Date of Result declaration may vary, if unavoidable circumstances arrive.
- Amidst this outbreak of global pandemic COVID-19, all the certificate that will be issued to the participants will be E-certificate.
- Any kind of cheating or violation of rules will lead to disqualification.
- Registrations will be done through Google forms.
- Participants can register themselves with the following link: Click Here
- Participants will receive all the details and links through their registered mail id’s.
- Declaration: The declaration which is to be signed and attached (as a separate file) with the paper at the time of submission, is available at: Click Here (read the declaration carefully before printing).
- For detailed information about the event, use the following link to access the Brochure: Click Here
- For students of Law College Dehradun: ₹100
- For all other students:
- 1 Author: ₹100
- 2 Authors: ₹150
- Google Pay: 7302240252
- UPI: [email protected]
Note: After making a successful payment, a screenshot of the payment made has to be uploaded in the registration form.
- Shruti Aggarwal: Event Coordinator (+91 81716 59234)
- Pragati Singh: Event Coordinator (+91 78954 29269)
- Krinjal Bhartiya: Event Coordinator (+91 83183 26692)
Reported By: Vasundhara – The Green Society
- Law Library: Notes and Study Material for LLB, LLM, Judiciary and Entrance Exams
- Legal Bites Academy – Ultimate Test Prep Destination