Last Updated :
This one day National Seminar aims to focus on the aforesaid and many other issues, challenges and opportunities relating to the reform of personal laws and searching for pragmatic solutions of problematic issues. We hope that the suggestions, recommendations and resolutions from this seminar will be of immense value and will pave the way for the judges, lawyers, policy makers and law makers to come out with viable solutions.
- Need for Reforms in Personal Laws in India: An Analysis.
- Scope of Reforms in Personal Laws is a matter of Legislative Policy.
- Authoritative sources behind Personal Laws in India and Role of Religion to control the Personal Laws.
- Challenging of Personal Laws under Part- III of the Constitution of India.
- Accountability of Secular State for violations caused by the operation of Personal Laws.
- Scope of re-writting the Personal Laws of a community for social reforms.
- Scope of Judicial Interpretation over the matter of Personal Laws based on religious scriptures in India.
- Whether for reforms, it is permissible to change the practices or acts done in pursuance of religion?
- Scope of Reforms in Personal Laws vis-a-vis religious communities in India.
- Scope of Introduction of Uniform Civil Code in India Above identiied issues /sub. themes / are only illustrative. Participants may select the related topics covered under the main theme
Last date for Abstract Submission: 25th March 2017 Last Date for Communication of Acceptance of Abstract: 31st March 2017 Last Date for Submission of Full Paper: 5th April 2017 The abstract and
Last Date for Communication of Acceptance of Abstract: 31st March 2017
Last Date for Submission of Full Paper: 5th April 2017
The abstract and full-length paper must include Title, Author(s) Name & Designation, Name of the institution of the researcher and e-mail address.
Address For Correspondence
Mrs. Monica Kharola (Faculty) Joint Director Of the National Seminar on “Reforms in Personal Laws In India: Problems & Prospects”
ICFAI Law School, The ICFAI University, Dehradun Rajawala Road, Central Hope Town, Selaqui, Dehradun +919412382373, +919934452007, +919675990530