Last Updated on by Admin LB
School of Legal Studies, Babu Banarasi Das University announces a One Day National Workshop on IPR and Innovations on 25th November 2021 [11:00 – 2:00 PM].
About the University
BBD University aims to transform the way people think by teaching them problem-solving, leadership and teamwork skills, and the value of commitment to quality, ethical behavior, and respect for others. We want every member of our university to enjoy diverse opportunities for intellectual, personal and professional growth. Learning and working at BBD University will foster quick, well-rounded minds, well-equipped to succeed in our fast-changing world.
About One Day National Workshop on IPR and Innovations
Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) plays a vital role in enhancing the socio-economic prosperity of the country. Creativity and innovation are new drivers of the world economy. With the increasing relevance of Intellectual Property (IP) in this era of globalization, it is important to recognize the role which IP systems play in the growth of the Nation. Thus, there is a need to create large public awareness about the pivotal role of IPR in globalized knowledge economy.
With the view to create awareness on the significance of IPR to the people from various sectors in the Country, School of Legal Studies, Babu Banarasi Das University, is organizing One Day National Workshop on – “ Intellectual Property Rights and Innovations ” The Workshop is intended to cover various aspects of IPR like Patents, Copyrights, Trademarks, etc. The technical sessions will be led by the speakers having thorough knowledge in the subject who have been practicing in the field for many years.
For more Information: Click Here
About the Speakers
Dr Sujit Kumar, Scientific Officer (Plant Breeding), Uttar Pradesh Council of Agricultural Research, Lucknow
- As Principal Investigator: “Establishment of Geographical Indications, Intellectual Property Rights and Organic Facilitation Cell” from September 2014 to September 2017. (Project Period- 3 years with Rs. 50.00 Lakhs financial limit).
- As Co-Principal Investigator: “Tagging Alternaria blight resistance loci & marker-assisted backcrossing in linseed” from July 2014 to July 2017. (Project Period- 3 years with Rs. 13.80 Lacs financial limit)
- As Coordinator/ PI/ Nodal Officer: “Evaluation of hybrids of various crops from the private sector in various Agro-ecological situation of Uttar Pradesh” since 2007 and continued regarding rice, maize, mustard and sunflower. (Total fund generated more than Rs. 2.50 Crores)
Dr Ashish Kumar Srivastava, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow
- Gold Medalist in LL.M. (2007)
- Awarded Medal by Hon’ble Prime Minister of India. Dissertation: Indian Patent regime: Patent and Access To Medicine: National And International Perspective. Distance Education:
- Certificate Course in IPR (World Intellectual Property Organization, Geneva)
- Certificate Course in IPR (Indian Law Institute, New Delhi)
Participation is open to all.
For Registration: Click Here
Registration Deadline: 23rd November, 2021 (11:59 PM)
WhatsApp Group Link: Click Here
Link for joining the workshop will be sent to the registered e-mail id and WhatsApp group.
E- Certificate will be provided to all registered participants
- Mr Himanshu Priyadarshi: +91 79741 87481
- Mr Janmejay Singh: +91 99199 99961
Reported By: Mr Himanshu Priyadarshi