The National Human Rights Commission “Summer Internship Programme (SIP) 2018” will commence from 15th May 2018 (Tuesday) to 13th June 2018 (Wednesday). Applications are invited NHRC internship from eligible students of the entire country.
NHRC Internship Award:
An amount of Rs. 15,000/- will be distributed to the interns who are placed in I, II and III position in the order of merit.
Click here to avail the application form.
How to Apply for NHRC internship?
The Application duly forwarded by HODs may please be sent by Post (any mode)/ By-Hand (superscripted on the envelope “Application for SIP 2018”) to Dr. Sanjay Dubey, Director (Administration), National Human Rights Commission, Manavadhikar Bhawan, Block-C, GPO Complex, I.N.A., New Delhi-110023.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
- Students of the 3rd year pursuing 3 years LL.B. Course – (while applying).
- Students who have completed 3 years of the 3+2 (5) years BA, LLB programme are eligible to apply (while applying).
- Students pursuing LL.M. Course.
- Students pursuing MA in Human Rights, Political Science, Sociology, Social Work (MSW), Criminology, Public Administration, Rural Development, History, Economics, Commerce, Anthropology, International Relations and any of the discipline of Social Sciences would be considered with preference to students pursuing their final year. Only students of regular courses of UGC Recognized Universities will be eligible.
- Students must have attained a minimum of 65% marks in Class XII.
- Attested photocopies (by Head of Department only) of mark-sheets for each and every year/semester, are to be submitted for all the preceding years from Class XII onwards along with caste certificate/physically handicapped certificate (if applicable), failing which the application will be liable to be rejected.
- Efforts will be made to give representation to all categories of students.
- A 500 words write-up (hand-written only) on the topic “Reason for joining as Intern in NHRC” will be required to be submitted by the applicants along with the application which will also serve as a basis of selection. Students who have research potential in the areas relating to human rights will be preferred (As indicated by them write-up).
- The merit will be made on the basis of marks calculated out of a total of 100 marks on account of Class XII @ 30 Marks, Graduation @ 30 Marks and the Marks scored in the Write-up of 500 words @ 40 Marks.
- Students who have attended the regular one month Summer/Winter Internship Programmes organized by NHRC earlier will not be eligible to apply.
Taking the experience of the earlier Internship Programmes, it is proposed that in this year maximum 50 students will be admitted for Summer Internship Programme 2018.
Travelling Allowance & Stipend:
The selected interns from outside Delhi will be allowed ordinary second-class train fare to New Delhi and back to their place of study through the shortest route. All selected interns will be paid an amount of Rs. 8,000/- (Rupees Eight Thousand only) as the stipend.
Application Deadline: 16th April 2018 (06:00 PM).
For any details, you may please contact at Ph: 011–24663283, 24663371/ 9868393317 (between 10.00 am to 6.00 pm on working days, i.e. Monday to Friday).