The NLSIU’s National Seminar on Climate Change Challenges aims at conducting a discussion among legal luminaries, academics, scientists, industrialists, environmentalist and other stakeholders on the issues of Climate Change influencing human security, environment and public health by disruptions of physical, biological, and ecological systems, including disturbances originating elsewhere.
The seminar seeks to distillate the various suggestions and experience of various expert to ensure a fruitful proceeding of the seminar at a time when the India Government is striving to formulate a Policy on Climate Change.
CALL FOR PAPERS
Well researched original research papers, case studies, and survey reports are invited from the academics, practitioners, researchers, scientists, students and other stakeholders working and interested in the field of climate change.
Research papers shall be subject to the approval of Editorial Board for inclusion in the seminar proceedings. All research papers shall be subject to the scrutiny of anti-plagiarism software.
Selected papers will be published in our peer-reviewed Journal of Environment, Law and Public Policy, special edition with ISBN Number.
The Conference will invite presentations and papers on the following themes:
- Climate change and food security
- Climate change and energy security
- Climate change and public health
- Climate change, displacement and refugees
- Climate and access to drinking water and clean environment
- Climate change and reconstruction of cultural and identity dimensions
- Climate change and human rights
- International law on climate change
- Country adaptation for climate change
- Paris agreement and beyond
- Climate change and disasters
The above-identified themes are only illustrative. Participants may select the related topics covered under the main theme.
- Abstracts of not more than 500 words, for original researched papers on the above-mentioned themes, are invited.
- Authors of shortlisted abstracts shall be required to send their full-length papers.
- Authors of accepted papers shall have the privilege of presenting their paper at this seminar.
- The full-length research papers in case of short articles should be 3500 – 5000 words (inclusive of footnotes), and around 8000 words (inclusive of footnotes) in case of long articles.
- Potential contributors are required to adhere to a uniform mode of citation (20th edition of The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation, is recommended).
- Abstracts and papers should be submitted as Word documents, with a covering letter containing the name and designation of the author(s), and should be emailed to the mail addresses listed below.
Abstracts and Full papers must be submitted to Ms. Raagya Zadu at [email protected]
Participants may register either as paper presenters or as delegates.
Registration fee for each participant/delegate is INR. 2000/- [Non Residential].
Presenters/Delegates must make their own arrangements for accommodation and the organizers are not responsible for the same.
Registration fees may be paid by DD or through NEFT transfer.
Registration is confirmed on receipt of payment at our end either by Demand Draft, in the name of NLSIU, payable at BENGALURU or NEFT as per the details given in the brochure.
DD along with the registration form should be sent to the address given below and Bank Transaction ID Number in case of NEFT Transfer must be sent to [email protected]
- Abstract Submission: 25th May 2018
- Communication for Acceptance of Abstract: 25th May 2018
- Registration: 26th May 2018
- Full paper submission: 12th June 2018
- Date of Conference: 15th June 2018
FOR MORE DETAILS REGARDING THE SEMINAR AND REGISTRATION PLEASE REFER TO THE SEMINAR BROCHURE HERE.
This post was first published on: May 7, 2018