NMIMS ERISTICA - Second Edition Online National Level Debate Competition | SVKM's NMIMS, Navi Mumbai
The Debate Committee of SVKM’S NMIMS School of Law, Navi Mumbai is organising the Second Edition of NMIMS Eristica – an Online National Level Debate Competition to be held on the 17th and 18th of July. About the Institution Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Navi Mumbai was established in 2017. The School of Law offers undergraduate courses… Read More »
About the Institution
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Navi Mumbai was established in 2017. The School of Law offers undergraduate courses namely BA.LLB (Hons) and B.B.A.LLB (Hons). It is recognized by the Bar Council of India. The School of Law pioneers in excelling in all fields of law and public service. It strives to provide the students with the best form of learning by inculcating value-based education. It provides the students with ample room and liberty to grow and experiment and emphasizes on the importance of skill-based learning by frequently conducting workshops and seminars on diverse subjects.
The backbone of this institute is the teaching faculty who endeavour to nurture and mentor the students through their experience and expertise in the field making this experience one in a lifetime. The School of Law also promotes different extra and co-curricular activities in the form of clubs and committees like the Debate Committee. The institute also provides the students with state of art facilities like the moot court, the library and the computer lab with top-notch technology and provides all its student’s remote access to all important databases and journals.
About NMIMS ERISTICA
Our society is constructed to place quieter people at a disadvantage. The voice of the marginalised is often overshadowed by the voice of the powerful. A debate offers a safe platform to open ourselves to positive discussion and provides a safe environment for learning how to brush off your mistakes, learn from them and ultimately move forward. The last two decades has seen an uproar of intelligence and excellence. In the tussle between knowledge and experience, students often lose out on communication skills. A debate aids in providing a platform for the students to experiment and learn.
A debate drastically improves one’s linguistic and logical skills, along with the ability to construct strong arguments in a short amount of time, which is paramount in this world with cutthroat competition. Our debate competition aims to provide the students with an opportunity to come forward and experience the art of debating and take away experience, expertise and excellence. Being a part of the newer generations, it is imperative to discuss and debate over the problems in society and any solutions for the same that may arise as students and future lawmakers of the country.
This debate will be based on the Lincoln-Douglas debate format, i.e. one on one debate in order to promote individualism amongst contestants. Participants will have to advance in 3 rounds, with Preliminary and Semi-Finals having the topic “Does cultural appropriation promote the heritage of a community or hamper it?” and the Final round having the topic “Is language/accent another basis for Racial Discrimination?”
Penalties and Disqualification
- Use of foul language or use of any written document/chits/any other source during the debate will result in disqualification of the candidate.
- Candidates are required to have a proper internet connection failing which will result in the disqualification of the candidate.
- If a violation of the rules is believed to have been committed by a team or one of its members, the Organizing Committee may in its own discretion, upon its initiative or complaint from another team or assessor, impose a penalty or disqualify the team.
- The Competition Grievance Panel shall be informed before any action of disqualification is taken.
- The panel shall consist of the head of the Host Institution, the chief coordinator of the Organizing Committee, and two assessors from the panel of assessors.
Step 1- Each participant will register themselves by filling this Google form
Step 2- Each participant is required to pay Rupees 250/- as the registration fee which is to be paid through an NEFT transaction.
NEFT Details: –
Account Holder Name: Soumitra Joshi
Account Number:- 993910110011762
IFSC Code: BKID0009939
Bank Name: Bank of India
Branch Name: Pansemal
Step 3 – Download the payment receipt. Take a screenshot and upload it on the Google form.
Submit the registration form. You shall receive a confirmation email on the completion of the process.
The deadline for registration is 11:59 pm, 11th July 2021.
- Winner- INR.5000/-
- First Runner Up- INR.3000/-
- Second Runner Up-INR.2000/-
- All the participants will be awarded E-certificates for participation
Email: [email protected]
- Bhavya Godawat: 9413374455
- Rudraaksha Sharma: 7011294757
- Soumitra Joshi: 7509236600