1st (virtual) National Moot Court Competition 2021 | SVKM’s NMIMS, Indore | 8th October-10th October, 2021
SVKM’s NMIMS, Indore is organizing its first (virtual) National Moot Court Competition 2021. The competition is scheduled to take place from 8th October-10th October 2021. About the institute The Indore campus of NMIMS carries forward the University’s mission to provide good quality, socially sensitive human resources to the nation. The School of Law has been envisioned to cater… Read More »
SVKM’s NMIMS, Indore is organizing its first (virtual) National Moot Court Competition 2021. The competition is scheduled to take place from 8th October-10th October 2021.
About the institute
The Indore campus of NMIMS carries forward the University’s mission to provide good quality, socially sensitive human resources to the nation. The School of Law has been envisioned to cater for a world-class legal education comprising of a perfect blend of academic, clinical, professional as well as socially utilitarian education. The School, with a clear understanding of the professional requirements in the legal arena in contemporary times, has a well-balanced curriculum to be delivered to the students so as to make them profession centric and worthy to live up to the expectations of the much demanding legal profession.
About the competition
The aim of this competition is to provide aspiring lawyers with a chance to sharpen their research and argument adroitness, as well as to counterfeit a court proceeding wherein participants shall be engaged in oral arguments and will be required to draft legal briefs, making them ponder upon nitty-gritty of the intricate legal ideas and norms. The moot problem for the 1st National Virtual Moot Court Competition is based upon family law.
The competition will be held for three days on the dates mentioned above in four rounds, which are: Preliminary rounds, Quarter Final rounds, Semi-Final rounds, and Final round respectively.
All the students currently enrolled in a three-year or five-year L.L.B. course/degree are eligible to participate in this competition. Each team shall have three members, consisting of two assigned speakers and one researcher.
NOTE: Not more than one team from the same
the institution shall be allowed to participate in the
- The early bird registration fee – ₹500. This offer can be availed only till 1st September 2021.
- The general registration fee – ₹ 600.
Link: Click Here
The registration fee is non-refundable under any circumstances. Each team must fill the Google Form for partaking in the competition. The last date for registration is 15th September 2021.
Further, if any participant wishes a clarification about the moot problem, they shall seek the same before 25th September 2021.
- Winner Team – ₹10,000 + a trophy and a certificate.
- First Runners-up Team – ₹7,000 + a trophy and a certificate
- Second Runners-up Team – ₹4,000 + a trophy and a certificate
- Best Speaker (Male and Female) – ₹2,500 + a trophy and a certificate (each).
- Best Memorial – ₹4,000 + a trophy and a certificate.
Also, certificates of Participation shall be awarded to all participants.
- Registration begins– 23rd August 2021
- Last Date for Early Bird Registration– 1st September 2021
- Last Date for Registration– 15th September 2021
- Last date for Clarifications– 25th September 2021
- Release of FAQs– 26th September 2021
- Last Date for Memorial Submission– 3rd October 2021
- Last date for Compendium Submission– 4th October 2021 (optional)
- Run Through Session– 7th October 2021
- Inauguration Ceremony and Memorial Exchange– 8th October 2021
- Preliminary Rounds and Quarter Final Rounds– 9th October 2021
- Semi-Final Rounds and Final Rounds– 10th October 2021
- Valedictory Ceremony– 10th October 2021
Moot problem and rules
For any query related to the competition, reach at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact- +91 70008 20872, +91 73889 25989