About the Organizers
University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS) is a department of Chandigarh University, Mohali, (Punjab) which is recognized under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956. The Institute has already created a niche for itself on account of its distinct scheme and syllabi.UILS caters five years integrated BA LL.B, BBA.LL.B and B.Com LL.B course, three years LL.B and also most prestigious one year LL.M programme. The department has already successfully organized one National Moot Court Competition, various workshops, guest lectures etc.
About the Training Programme-cum-Workshop
In 1986 The Consumer Protection Act was enacted in order to provide speedy and inexpensive redress of consumers’ grievances and also to provide for six important and basic rights to the consumers, the latest amendments taking place in 2015. However, consumer trend have become more complicated and digital since then. With the advent of technology and specifically internet and e-commerce, the demand for newer rights and protections for consumers emerged thereby insisting on developing an inter-disciplinary approach towards studying and interpreting Consumers laws and Rights. This training programme-cum-workshop focuses on discussing not only the basic laws about consumers’ protection but also the latest developments and its inter-relation with other disciplines like technology laws, human rights etc.
- Interested Participants have to send an email with your details (name, designation, institution, address, contact number etc.) and scanned copy of the demand draft attached at email@example.com on or before March 26, 2017.
- The title of the mail should be mentioned as ‘Registration for One Day Training Programme-cum-Workshop.’ Only limited seats are available.
- Each selected participant needs to pay a registration fee of Rs. 500. The registration fee is to be paid through Demand Draft in the favor of ― Chd Edu Tr Univ Inst of Legal Studies, payable at Mohali.
- No accommodation or TA/DA will be provided.
- Any query may be mailed on firstname.lastname@example.org
|Last date for registration||March 26, 2017|
|Date of Training Programme||March 31, 2107|
Tentative Schedule of the Training Programme
|8:45 a.m. – 9: 15 a.m.||Registration|
|9:15 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.||Inaugural and Introductory Session I|
|10:30 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.||Tea Break|
|11:00 p.m. – 12:00 p.m.||Session II|
|12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.||Session III|
|1:30 pm. onwards||Lunch|
|3:00 p.m.to 4:00 p.m.||Valediction|
Sh. Satnam Singh Sandhu, Chancellor, Chandigarh University
Prof. (Dr.) R.S. Bawa, Vice Chancellor, Chandigarh University
Prof. (Dr.) A.K. Singh Suryavanshi, Executive-Director, Chandigarh University
Prof. (Dr.) Saurab C., Director, UILS, Chandigarh University
Dr. Geetika Sood, Head of the Department, UILS, Chandigarh University
Ms. Naina, Assistant Professor, UILS, Chandigarh University
Ms. Navneet Kaur Chahal, Assistant Professor, UILS, Chandigarh University
Mr. Mandeep Singh, Student Coordinator (+91 9501194808)
Ms. Anjali, Student Coordinator (+91 8699095699)
Ms. Monika, Student Co-Coordinator
Mr. Rishab Bhandari, Student Co-Coordinator
Mr. Divyansh Bhardwaj, Student Co-Coordinator