One Day Virtual Seminar On Women's Right and Gender Equality | School of Law, Ajeenkya DY Patil University
One Day Virtual Seminar On Women’s Right and Gender Equality will be organised by School of Law, Ajeenkya DY Patil University on 22nd October 2021. An Outlook Of The Theme of One Day Virtual Seminar The 76th session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA), opened on 14 September 2021 under the theme “Building resilience through hope –… Read More »
One Day Virtual Seminar On Women’s Right and Gender Equality will be organised by School of Law, Ajeenkya DY Patil University on 22nd October 2021.
An Outlook Of The Theme of One Day Virtual Seminar
The 76th session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA), opened on 14 September 2021 under the theme “Building resilience through hope – to recover from COVID-19, rebuild sustainably, respond to the needs of the planet, respect the rights of people, and revitalize the United Nations“.
The United National General Assembly also launched the Feminist Plan for Sustainability and Social Justice, outlining how to use the recovery from the COVID-19 crisis to shape a better, more gender-equal and sustainable world with emphasis on including women’s voices and leadership. Thus, the realization of women’s rights and gender equality is crucial for sustainable development.
The international momentum for promotion, protection of Women’s rights coupled with Gender equality initiatives has percolated to the national level mandating effective redress of violations of human rights. Within the framework of the Indian democratic polity, the laws, development policies and plans have aimed towards the advancement of women rights and gender equality.
Hence, the need to accentuate women’s rights emanates from the inter-linkages between Gender inequality and human development wherein as per the Global Gender Gap Report 2021 India ranks 140th out of 156 countries in spite of pro-women laws and constitutional tenets of affirmative action alternatively positive discrimination in favour of women.
The Constitution of India embodies the principle of gender equality, in the Preamble, Fundamental duties and the Directive Principles. However, women continue to face discrimination, harassment consequentially, violation of their rights. The need of the hour is to develop appropriate strategies to eliminate any form of discrimination against women so that women can participate equally in all walks of life.
This Virtual National seminar will throw light on several issues and challenges faced by women with special reference to the post-pandemic era and discuss the needs for the advancement of women in all walks of life. Further, the seminar invites suggestions from the intellectuals of the society for the empowerment and development of women, to combat discrimination and violence against women.
- Last date for submission of Abstract/Paper: 18th October 2021
- Date of Event: 22nd October 2021
- Women Rights and Gender Bias
- Violence against Women- Public-Private Divide
- Women’s Sexuality and Reproductive Rights
- Impact of Covid-19 on Women’s Rights
- Judicial Activism and Changing contours of Women’s Rights
- Women’s Rights: Indian Constitution
- Women’s Rights as Human Rights
- Domestic Violence against Women
- Rights of a woman at workplace
The above themes are just indicative. The authors are free to send abstract/paper on any other area they feel is relevant to the theme of the seminar.
Guidelines For Submission
- Word Limit for the Abstract is 250-300 Words.
- Word Limit for the Full Paper is 3000-4000 Words.
- The Abstract and Full Papers are to be sent as an MS Word Document.
- Uniform Font style should be maintained in Times New Roman ‘12’.
- For Foot Notes Font Size ‘10’is to be maintained.
- Text Alignment should be justified.
- Line Spacing should be ‘1.5’.
- Plagiarized submissions will be subject to disqualification.
- Editorial Committee shall reserve the right of Disqualification.
Procedure For Submission Of Abstract
- For Registration Click on the Link – Click Here
- Abstract / Paper will be peer-reviewed before acceptance
Selected papers (after peer-reviewing) from the seminar shall be published in the form of a book containing an ISBN number or UGC Care Journals (publication charges will be extra).
Registration Fee for the Conference
- Academician and others- Rs. 400
- Research Scholars- Rs. 300
- Students Rs. 100
Kindly mention the details of NEFT/Transaction ID once you remit the registration fee.
- Name of Account Holder: Ajeenkya Dy Patil University,
- A/c No:0263201001599,
- IFSC Code: CNRB0000263,
- Swift Code: CNRBINBBPFD,
- Bank: Canara Bank, Koregaon Park Branch, Pune, Maharashtra, India
Organisers and Contacts
- Prof. (Dr.) E. Venugopal,
- Convener, School of Law, ADYPU
- Mobile- +91 96762 32216
- Ms Kashmira Lonkar,
- Organizing Secretary & Assistant Professor, SOL, ADYPU
- Mobile: +91 91300 28028
For any queries contact: [email protected].
Reported By – Dr. Samraggi Chakraborty, Head, School of Law