Poonia Institute of Legal Sciences (PILS), Rajasthan is organising the Essay Competition on the occasion of 72nd Republic Day, for Law students & Law scholars studying in the universities and colleges of Rajasthan and Article trainees pursuing CA (Registered in CIRC).
An institute promoted by Chartered Accountants, Advocates, Law Students & other professionals with the objective to enhance legal & logical skills in the society for spreading awareness as well as providing legal aid to vulnerable and downtrodden groups of the society who are deprived of their rights.
We believe that young students are the future leaders of our nation. They have the strength to bring ideas to life. Writing, a dying art today, is an important tool for encouraging the young fresh minds with novel ideas, to express themselves on topics of contemporary relevance. Hence, by participating in the competition, we request the budding professionals, passionate about expressing themselves through their words, to take this opportunity to get the creative ideas flowing and allow the author within, to blossom.
- Participation is restricted to the students enrolled in the 3-year LL.B course or the 5-year integrated law course & Article trainees pursuing CA(Registered in CIRC).
- Participation must be below the age of 26 years.
- Farm Laws 2020: Content & Controversy.
- Retrospective amendment in Taxation Law in India & its Impact.
- FORCE MAJEURE: A Risk Mitigation Tool in context of COVID-19.
The objectives of this essay competition are to cultivate good reading, writing, research, communication skills coupled with encouraging passion for writing and creativity. This is also aimed at providing a professional impetus to the growth of skills in the realm of research and drafting which also encourages critical thinking about 360° aspects of an issue.
The competition is organised to give a platform to young professionals to showcase skills and expertise. This essay competition invites students to explore a wide range of challenging and interesting questions beyond the confines of curriculum.
Guidelines and Rules
- Only one essay per participant can be submitted. Multiple or incomplete submissions will lead to disqualification.
- The Essay may be written in English, Hindi, or any Indian language.
- Only original essays will be considered for the competition. No part of it should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration of publication or a contest elsewhere.
- Any form of plagiarism will result in the disqualification of the essay. The participants will submit a separate undertaking with regard to originality of work.
- Identification marks must not be found in any part of the essay.
Presentation and Submission
- The essay must comprise not less than 4000 to 5000 words including footnotes.
- The essay should be submitted in pdf. format; the font size of the body of the text must be 12, font type Times New Roman 1.5 spacing and 1 inch margins on each side.
- There should be appropriate footnotes indicating the correct source of information. The footnotes may be typed in font size 9, font type: Times New Roman, 1.5 spacing.
- A bibliography, mentioning all the articles, books, references, and website etc., referred to should be made at the end.
- All submissions must be in (pdf.) format.
The essay in the format mentioned above must be attached with the Form link & email id given below with complete details asked in the form.
Email: [email protected]
- Essays must be submitted on or before 26th February 2021
- Result will be declared on or before 31st March 2021
- Each essay will be marked on a total of 50 marks.
- Judging may be done on the basis of structuring, originality, content-language, grammar & style employed etc.
- The essays will be reviewed by a distinguished panel of impartial judges and academicians.
- The decisions of the judges shall be final in all respects.
- First Prize: 11000 INR
- Second Prize 5100 INR
- Third Prize 2100 INR
- Consolation Prizes: 1100 INR
- Consolation Prizes shall be awarded to next best 8 Essays.
- Certificate of participation will be issued to all the participants
- The administration of the contest including determining the eligibility of the participant or Essays, standard of essays, evaluation of essays and awarding of the prize is within the sole and absolute discretion of organizers.
- If there arises any situation that is not contemplated in the rules, the organizers’ decision on the same shall be final.
- The essay will be our property, we can publish them on any journal or portal with the name of the author.
Email: [email protected]
Nupur Sharma: +91-79766 61319
Simran: +91-79762 83590
Reported by: Nupur Sharma