About IN-QUIZ-ITIVE National Quiz Competition
University Institute of Legal Studies Panjab University, Chandigarh is Organizing National Quiz Competition “IN-QUIZ-ITIVE” Commemorating International Day Of Tolerance On 16 November 2020 under the supervision of Dr. Rajinder Kaur, Director, University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh and Dr. Pushpinder Kaur, Faculty Coordinator, Associate Professor (Law), University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
About International Day Of Tolerance
According to the United Nations Education Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) statement, ‘tolerance is the respect, acceptance, and appreciation of the rich diversity of our world’s cultures, our forms of expression and ways of being human.’ For its fiftieth anniversary on 16 November 1995, UNESCO’s Member States adopted a Declaration of Principles on Tolerance. Among other things, the Declaration affirms that tolerance is respect and appreciation of the rich variety of our world’s cultures, our forms of expression and ways of being human. Tolerance recognizes the universal human rights and fundamental freedoms of others.
People are naturally diverse; only tolerance can ensure the survival of mixed communities in every region of the globe. The Declaration qualifies tolerance not only as a moral duty but also as a political and legal requirement for individuals, groups and States. It emphasizes that States should draft new legislation when necessary to ensure equality of treatment and of opportunity for all groups and individuals in society.
Education for tolerance should aim at countering influences that lead to fear and exclusion of others and should help young people develop capacities for independent judgement, critical thinking and ethical reasoning. The diversity of our world’s many religions, languages, cultures and ethnicities is not a pretext for conflict but is a treasure that enriches us all.
- The competition is open to all undergraduate and postgraduate students from any recognized university across India.
- Participation from students of UILS is also accepted.
- No restriction on the number of entries from any college or university.
The Registration for the Quiz can be done by clicking at the following link:
- The Last date of registration is November 14, 2020, 11:59 pm.
- The results for the Quiz will be declared on the WhatsApp Group so made for the purpose.
Pattern of Quiz
Subjects to be covered on Tolerance Day:
- History of International Tolerance Day
- About UNESCO
- Declaration of Principles on Tolerance
- Follow up Plan of Action on Tolerance
- UNESCO- Madanjeet Singh Prize for the Promotion of Tolerance and Non-Violence
- Religious Tolerance
- Provisions of Indian Constitution on Religion and Secularism
- Culture Tolerance and provisions of Indian Law over it
- Importance of Tolerance
- Rights, Freedoms and Tolerance
- Magna Carta
- Famous literature on Tolerance and name of Books on the same
- Name of International Famous NGO’s related to it
- Tolerance and Speech
Scheme of Quiz
- There will be no negative marking for the quiz.
- All the questions in the quiz will be in the Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ’s) format.
- The participant who submits the quiz earlier will be preferred in case of a tie between participants.
- The quiz will comprise of a total of 50 questions.
- The total time for attempting the quiz will be 30 minutes.
- Each question carries 1 mark.
Mode of Play
- The quiz will be played via Google Forms.
- The Link for the quiz will be sent on the WhatsApp Group so formed for the quiz.
- The link for joining the WhatsApp group for the Quiz will be sent in the confirmation mail, once the participant successfully submits the registration form for the same.
- Organizers will not be responsible for any technical error in paying the registration error for the quiz competition or any connectivity/device failure during the Quiz.
- Release of Registration Form: November 5, 2020
- Last Date of Registration November: 15, 2020 (Till noon)
- Date of Competition: November 16, 2020 (07:00 P.M. – 07:30 P.M.)
- Result Declaration: November 18, 2020 (Evening)
- Receiving of Certificates: November 25, 2020
Cash Prizes & Rewards
- The 1st Winner will get a cash prize of Rs. 1000 + Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate).
- The 2nd Winner will get a cash prize of Rs. 500+ Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate).
- All the participants of the Quiz will be given the Certificate of Participation (E-Certificate).
Dr. Rajinder Kaur, Director, University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
Dr Pushpinder Kaur, Assistant Professor (Laws), University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh
Email: [email protected].
- Supriya +91-95016 41780
- Riya +91-93066 55240
- Navpreet +91-70150 30851
- Ashmin: +91-86848 72768
Reported by: Vaibhav Goyal