Rakesh Aggarwal Memorial National Debate Competition 2020 | IIMT & School of Law
Ideal Institute of Management and Technology & School of Law is organising Rakesh Aggarwal Memorial National Debate Competition 2020 on “Parity in Legal Age: A Paradigm Shift” on 22nd September 2020. About the Competition The Rakesh Aggarwal Memorial National Debate Competition is organized annually by IIMT & School of Law on contemporary issues of legal significance. Through the… Read More »
Ideal Institute of Management and Technology & School of Law is organising Rakesh Aggarwal Memorial National Debate Competition 2020 on “Parity in Legal Age: A Paradigm Shift” on 22nd September 2020.
About the Competition
The Rakesh Aggarwal Memorial National Debate Competition is organized annually by IIMT & School of Law on contemporary issues of legal significance. Through the competition, participants will gain first-hand invaluable experience in legal argumentation, working in a team and to sharpen their research and communication skills in a debate competition.
Ideal Institute of Management and Technology was established in the year 1999 under the auspices of New Millennium Education Society. The institute is affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi, and its professional courses in Law and Business Administration are recognised by Bar Council of India and Government of NCT, Delhi. Being a NAAC accredited institution, it melds state of the art infrastructure with quality in education as its paramount principle.
Theme of Competition
Parity in Legal Age: A Paradigm Shift
- Winning Team Rs 3000
- Runner up team Rs 2000
- Best Speaker Rs 3000
- Runner Up Speaker Rs 2000
- Second Runner Up Speaker Rs 1000
E-Certificate for participation will be given to all the participants
Date & Time
22nd September, 10:00 AM onwards.
Last Date of Registration: 17th September 2020
Date of Competition: 22nd September 2020
1000 INR (per team)
Registration can be done through Paytm or via Official Online Portal
Official Portal: Click here to Pay
Paytm Portal: Click here to Pay
Rules of Debate
- A team of two candidates from each University/Institute shall be eligible to participate (one for the motion and one against the motion.)
- Each speaker will get five minutes (4+1) in total for debate and there will be one interjection. Exceeding the time limit shall be a disadvantage for the team and the candidate.
- The teams are free to use either medium Hindi or English exclusively.
- Each team must register with the Organizing Committee of National Debate Competition by filling the Registration Form along with the required payment through Paytm/NEFT (details are given in Registration form) of Rs.1000/- by 17th September 2020.
- The confirmation will be given to the team within two days of receiving Registration Form along with the Registration fees.
- The judgment of the jury shall be final and binding.
- The Debate Organizing Committee may alter/change the rules and regulations, at any point of time and the same shall be binding on the participants
Instructions for Participants
- It is mandatory for the participants to join the programme using the WebEx link mentioned here 10 minutes before the scheduled time.
- If you are planning to access the programme via phone, please ensure that you have downloaded the Cisco WebExApp.
- Keep your devices on mute unless it is your turn to speak.
- Switch off your video from the moment of joining till it is your turn to speak. Ensure that your internet connection is optimal for an enriched learning
- Do not share your screen during the programme.
- E-Certificates will be mailed to your registered id within 10 days of the competition.
Hemlata Sharma: +91-98118 44877
Kanika Arora: +91-98113 80350
Reported by: Ms. Namita Sinha
Assistant Professor, IIMT & School of Law