Last Updated on by Admin LB
School of Excellence in Law in association with SAPR advocates is organizing the 11th Edition of K.R. Ramamani Memorial National Taxation Moot Court Competition 2021, virtually in March.
Abou 11th K.R. Ramamani Memorial National Taxation Moot Court Competition 2021
School of Excellence in Law, The Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University in Association with Subbaraya Aiyar, Padmanabhan and Ramamani (S.A.P.R) Advocates, Taxation is often perceived as a vast & highly complicated subject requiring considerable expertise, and many law graduates are seen to be reluctant in taking up taxation as their area of practice. Consequently, the practice of taxation is restricted to a limited set of advocates though taxation laws are one of the most extensively applicable laws in India.
In order to develop the next generation of taxation practitioners, it is imperative that law students are given a practical legal platform and this Taxation Moot by School of Excellence in Law, Chennai aims to do just that.
About Late Shri. K.R. Ramamani
Late Shri. K.R. Ramamani was a legal giant in the field of taxation and was well known throughout India, especially in the south, for his legal acumen and expertise in the field of taxation. He was sought after by people from all walks of life for his expertise and was often referred to as “Palkhivala of the South”. He led the prestigious Subbaraya Aiyar, Padmanabhan & Ramamani (S.A.P.R) Advocates firm to great heights.
His commitment towards the legal profession, in-depth understanding of the law and his interest in teaching the future generation despite his busy schedule made him a lawyer par excellence. There can be no better way of remembering the memory of perhaps one of the most eminent taxation lawyers in India than by conducting a National Tax Moot Court Competition in his name.
So, in a fitting tribute to Late Shri. K.R. Ramamani, the School of Excellence in Law, Chennai in association with S.A.P.R. Advocates started a National level Taxation Moot Court Competition back in 2010 with an aim of providing the participants a high-quality moot experience focused on taxation. We now take immense pleasure in announcing the 11th edition of the K.R.Ramamani Taxation Moot Court Competition.
This edition will be no different and will be graced by Sitting Justices of Hon’ble Supreme Court and Hon’ble High Court of Madras, Members of the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal as well as leading lawyers and accountants. The attributes of discipline and transparency ensured by the Moot Court Association of SOEL, Chennai have contributed to previous successful chapters leading to increased participation year on year. We genuinely attempt to create a Moot Court competition which stands the test of time and becomes an integral part of the calendar year for law colleges.
Dates of the Competition
- The preliminary rounds of the 11th K.R. Ramamani Memorial Taxation National Moot Court Competition 2021 will be conducted ONLINE through the video conferencing application “ZOOM”™ on 5th, 6th, and 7th March 2021.
- The Researcher’s Interview will be conducted ONLINE through the video conferencing application “ZOOM”™ on 2nd and 3rd March 2021.
Team Eligibility & Team Composition
- Participation is strictly restricted to bona fide law students enrolled in the three-year or five-year LL.B. or B.L. degree course in any institution recognized by the Bar Council of India.
- Only one team is permitted to participate from each registered institution.
- Each team shall comprise of a minimum of two and a maximum of three members. In a team consisting of two members, each of the members shall be designated as ‘Speaker’. In a team consisting of three members, two of the members shall be designated as ‘Speaker’ and the third member shall be designated as ‘Researcher’.
The participants shall complete the final registration, by affixing all the necessary details by filling in the online registration form as provided below:
The registration fee for the Moot Court Competition is Rs. 1,000/- (Rupees One Thousand Only). The registration fee must be paid through NEFT to the below-mentioned account:
- Name of the Account: Director, School of Excellence in Law
- Account Number: 193601000009752
- Name of the Bank: Indian Overseas Bank Branch: Perungudi, Chennai
- IFSC code: IOBA0001936
Important Dates & Deadlines
- Last date for final registration: 2nd February 2021
- Last Date for mailing Clarifications: 6th February 2021
- Release of Final Clarifications: 8th February 2021
- Deadline for Soft Copy Submission of Written Submissions: 25th February 2021
- Deadline for Submission of Compendium via email: 4th March 2021
- Inaugural Ceremony: 5th March 2021
- Allotment of time slots for Preliminary Rounds: 5th March 2021
- Researcher’s Interview: 2nd and 3rd March 2021
- Preliminary and Quarter Final Rounds: 6th March 2021
- Semi-Final, Final Rounds and Valedictory Ceremony: 7th March 2021
E-mail: [email protected].
Ms. Aparna Raju, Vice President, Moot Court Association, SOEL
- Ph: +91-98403 73892
Ms. Nirupama V Shankar, Joint Secretary, Moot Court Association, SOEL
- Ph: +91-98845 47036