Last Updated on by Admin LB
Seminar on Revisiting Women Centric Laws from the Eyes of the Judiciary in the North-West Region is being organised by Amity University Haryana in collaboration with ICSSR, NWRC Chandigarh.
About the University
Amity University Haryana was established in the year 2010, vide Haryana (Private Universities) Act, 2006, as amended vide Act of 2010. Amity Law School, one of its Faculties, commenced functioning in the year 2011. Today, we are the fastest growing Law School in NCR and can boast of a handsome strength of nearly 600 Students. After successfully conducting numerous events, ALS is proud to conduct a National Seminar in collaboration with the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) on Revisiting Women-Centric Laws from the Eyes of the Judiciary in the North-West Region.
ICSSR is an autonomous organisation that was established by the Government of India, in the year 1969, with the objective to promote, review encourage, assist and coordinate social science research.
The North Western Regional Centre of the ICSSR was set up on the campus of the Panjab University, in 1977. It acts as a representative of the ICSSR New Delhi for the promotion of social sciences and as information Centre for disseminating and implementing the programmes and the activities of the Council.
About Seminar on Revisiting Women Centric Laws from the Eyes of the Judiciary in the North-West Region
A one-day National Seminar, on “REVISITING WOMEN-CENTRIC LAWS FROM THE EYES OF THE JUDICIARY IN THE NORTH-WEST REGION”, is being organized on 29 April 2022 by Amity Law School, Amity University Haryana.
Women have been at the receiving end of discriminatory practices for generations, and measures to protect and promote their rights are usually lagging and lacking in providing the desired result, i.e. ‘Equality or equal treatment’.
Women related issues have been dealt with by the Indian Judiciary with utmost care and it has played an important role in upholding the rights and dignity of women, through several landmark judgements. These judgements, delivered by various Courts of the country since independence, have influenced the enactment or amendment of many laws dealing with women’s rights.
- Role of Judiciary in Empowering Women
- Challenges and Hurdles in Women Empowerment
- Reproductive Technologies and Rights of Women
- Legislation, Policies and Law to Achieve Women Empowerment
Kindly note that the Paper submissions must be related to the North-West Region only.
Call for Papers
We cordially invite Articles and Research Papers on the Themes and Sub-themes (only suggestive in nature) from Academicians, Researchers, Advocates and Students.
- Co-authorship is permissible (subject to an upper limit of 2 Authors per submission).
- The main Author and/or presenting Author shall register separately.
- Word Limit of the Abstract: 300–350 words with keywords.
- Abstract shall be accompanied by a brief profile of the Author indicating his/ her name, University/ Organization/ Institution, Email ID, contact number and official address.
- The Author(s) shall specify the Title of the Paper, Name(s) of the Author(s).
- All Abstracts to be uploaded in Google Form.
Each participant should register individually.
- Word Limit of the Final Paper: 2500-3000 words.
- Final Paper should have a cover page containing the following:
- Full name(s) of the Author(s)
- Professional/Educational Details
- Email address(es)
- Contact number(s)
- It must be typed in Times New Roman Font Size 12 on A4 size paper with 1” margin on all sides with 1.5 line spacing using MS Word. The Paper is to be submitted through e-mail only with the subject as “Final Paper Submission for National Seminar” on [email protected]
- The Blue Book: A Uniform System of Citation (Latest ed.) must be strictly adhered to while submitting the Abstracts and full Paper.
- The Certificate of Presentation and Participation will be distributed to participants.
NO REGISTRATION FEE: The Seminar is free of cost for all participants.
- Last Date for submission of Abstract: 10 April 2022
- Intimation of acceptance of Abstract: 13 April 2022
- Paper submission for presentation (Soft Copy) and Registration Form: 24 April 2022
- National Seminar: 29 April 2022
- Full Paper submission for publication (Soft Copy): 15 May 2022
Registration Link: Click Here
- Seminar Director
- Maj. Gen. P. K. Sharma (Retd.)
- Organizing Secretaries
- Ms. Asha Meena
- Dr. Vijay Pal Singh
- Ms. Monica Yadav
In case of any queries, participants may contact the undersigned.
- Ms. Asha Meena, Assistant Professor
- +91 88601 76995
- [email protected]
- Dr. Vijay Pal Singh, Assistant Professor
- +91 94660 97940
- [email protected]
- Ms. Monica Yadav, Associate Professor
- +91 98107 06394
- [email protected]
Submitted By: Organising Committee