SNC Management, Advisors & Consultants is pleased to announce the first National Environmental Law Student Essay Writing Competition. This essay competition is organized in an effort to harness the energy, imagination, an initiative of the youth in promoting the culture of peace and sustainable development. It aims to inspire society to learn from the young minds and to think about how each of us can make a difference in the society.
Essays may be submitted by anyone up to 25 years old in one of the following age categories:
- Children (age up to 14 years)
- Youth (age 15 to 25 years)
Applicants are invited to submit original essays addressing any relevant topic in the fields of environmental law, natural resource law, energy law, environmental justice, land use law, animal law, and agricultural law.
- The Essay must be written in English.
- Only one essay per participant may be submitted. Multiple or incomplete submissions will lead to disqualification.
- Copyright of the essays entered will be assigned to the organizer.
- Essays must be written by one person. Co-authored essays are not accepted.
- Essays must be original and unpublished. Plagiarized entries will be rejected.
- Identification mark (name or any mark which identifies the Author) must not be found in any part of the essay.
Note: Entries missing any of the above information will not be considered. We are unable to confirm receipt of essays.
The participants must submit their essay via email only, with the following attachments:
- Essay in MS Word format with the subject “SNC Management’s 1st Essay Writing Competition”.
- Entries submitted by postal mail must include a cover page (free format) indicating (1) category – Children or Youth, (2) your essay title, (3) your name, (4) address, (5) phone number, (6) Email address, (7) nationality, (8) age as of 15th June, 2018, (9) gender, (10) school name (if applicable) and (11) word count.
- Teachers and youth directors may submit a collection of essays from their class or group. Please enclose a list of participants’ names, ages and the name and contact information of the submitting teacher or director.
Length of the Essay
- The submission shall consist of an Abstract, Essay, and Bibliography.
- The Abstract should not be more than 250 words including title and keywords.
- The length of the essay should be between 1800 to 2000 words.
- Footnotes must conform to the authoritative standard rules of citation and must include a description of each authority adequate enough to allow a reasonable reader to identify and locate the authority in a publication of general circulation.
- Font type: Times New Roman
- Font size: 12 pt
- Line Spacing: 1.5
- Page number: Top right of the page
- Footnote size: 10 pt
Registration fee is Rs. 200/- only. Special early bird registration fee for first 30 participants is Rs. 150/- only.
All queries and submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org only, with the subject: “SNC Management 1st National Environmental Law Essay Writing Competition, 2018”.
Last date for Registration:
5th March 2018
Last date for Submission:
31st March 2018
Click Here to download Notification
He is a scholar of Masters in Diplomacy, Law, and Business at Jindal School of International Affairs; a law graduate; an ardent and passionate writer; an enthusiastic learner; a liberal opinionist, a workaholic, a night owl, and a humble, witty character.