Job: Supreme Court Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant | Stipend Rs. 65000
Applications are invited for the Supreme Court Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant purely on contractual basis on a fixed consolidated stipend of Rs. 65,000/- per month. Engagement of Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant Online applications are invited from Indian citizens who fulfill the following Essential Qualifications and other eligibility conditions, as on 28.02.2021, for preparation of a panel of suitable candidates for… Read More »
Applications are invited for the Supreme Court Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant purely on contractual basis on a fixed consolidated stipend of Rs. 65,000/- per month.
Engagement of Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant
Online applications are invited from Indian citizens who fulfill the following Essential Qualifications and other eligibility conditions, as on 28.02.2021, for preparation of a panel of suitable candidates for engagement as Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistants in the Supreme Court of India purely on contractual basis on a fixed consolidated stipend of Rs. 65,000/- per month initially during the assignment session commencing from 01.07.2021 till the closure of the Court for Summer Vacation, 2022. However, the contract can be terminated at any point of time without any notice.
- The candidate must be a law graduate (as on the date of appearing at interview) having a Bachelor Degree in Law (including Integrated Degree Course in Law) from any School/College/University/Institution established by law in India and recognized by the Bar Council of India for enrolment as an Advocate.
- Candidate studying in the fifth year of the Five-Year Integrated Law Course will also be eligible to apply subject to furnishing proof of acquiring Law qualification at the time of interview/before taking up the assignment as Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant.
- The candidate must have knowledge of computer including retrieval of desired information from various search engines/processes such as Manupatra, SCC Online, LexisNexis, Westlaw etc
Candidate must not be below the age of 18 years and above 27 years as on the last date of receipt of applications.
Method of selection
Selection shall be made on the basis of Written Test and Interview. On the basis of the marks secured by the candidates in the Written Test, merit list will be drawn and candidates will be short-listed. Short-listed candidates, three times of actual requirement, in the order of merit, will be called for an Interview. A final select list shall be prepared as per requirement on the basis of Written Test and Interview.
Details of the Scheme of Examination, Minimum Qualifying Standards, Terms and Conditions of the contractual assignment are given in the “Revised Scheme for engaging Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistants on short-term contractual assignment in the Supreme Court of India” available on the website of the Supreme Court of India, i.e. www.sci.gov.in.
It is made clear that the engagement as Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant is a full-time job, purely contractual in nature. It will not confer any right on the selected candidates to claim regular appointment/continuance in service in the Supreme Court of India.
Choice of Test Centre
The Written Test will be conducted at Test Centres in Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru and Kolkata. The applicants are required to indicate their choice of Test Centre at which they wish to appear.
Registration of application and payment of fee
Eligible candidates are required to apply online for which the link is provided through the Supreme Court website, www.sci.gov.in. The application will be accepted through online registration only which is likely to start from 01.02.2021. Candidates will be required to pay Application/Test Fee of Rs.200/- plus bank charges through online mode only. Fee shall not be accepted in any other form. No postal application shall be accepted. The fee shall be paid online through payment gateway provided by UCO Bank.
Closing Date for online applications
The starting date for online registration of application is 01.02.2021 at 00:00 Hours and last date thereof is 28.02.2021 at 24:00 Hours.
- The applicants would be admitted to the Written Test on the basis of the information furnished by them in their application form. They are, therefore, advised to ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions before applying. If any candidate is found to have given false information or does not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions, the candidature of such applicant would be cancelled and no correspondence in this regard would be entertained.
- Issuance of admit card for the examination will NOT confer any right for selection.
- Candidates should scan his/her signatures and photograph having 5 cm height and 3.8 cm width (50 kb) in JPG format for uploading the same at relevant space on the online application.
- The candidate should fill up the required data in the application and make online fee payment in accordance with the instructions displayed on the link provided for the purpose.
- On submitting the application online, the candidate will get a preview of application with Application Number. Candidates are advised to get a printout of the filled up application of his/her record.
- The candidate should retain his/her Application Number carefully for the generation of call letter and for any other information regarding Written Test/Interview etc.
- APPLICATIONS WHICH DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE INSTRUCTIONS SHALL BE SUMMARILY REJECTED The candidate should bear in mind while applying for the contractual assignment that he/she will be required to work even at odd hours and on holidays if so required. No TA/DA shall be paid to the candidates for appearing in the Written Test
Official Notification: Download Here