Centre for Trade and Dispute Resolution, University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University in partnership with Surana & Surana International Attorneys, Chennai, organizes International Essay Writing Competition on Corporate Laws, 2018.
International Trade, Human Rights and Sustainable Development: An entangled trinity necessary for a Nation’s Development.
- International Trade, Human Rights and Sustainable Development: Reinventing ‘Development’.
- Role of WTO and UNCITRAL in achieving the UN’s SDGs in relation to international and domestic trade.
- Trade and Sustainability, relevance of Paris Climate Convention.
- Labor implications of trade liberalization and globalization in achieving a nation’s progress.
- Economic Interdependence vs. Economic Nationalism in the era of free international trade.
- Interlinking of rivers projects, a viable alternative for the Indian Trade Industry.
- Dumping and its impact on competition through the lens of sustainable trade environment?
- Agriculture and Global Food Security, ramifications in International Trade
The theme for the essay is kept broad in nature. The participants are allowed to take any particular sub-theme or can mold it keeping it intact with the central theme of the essay.
- The Competition is open to the students who are pursuing five years integrated Law course/LL.B./LL.M./ M.Phil./ Ph.D.. or any other Undergraduate or Master courses (other than Law) in any university across the World.
- Students of the Institute of Chartered Accounts of India, the Institute of Cost Accountant of India&The Institute of Company Secretaries of India are also eligible to participate. However, those who have completed either their Chartered Accountant/ Cost Accountant/ Company Secretary degrees/courses are not eligible.
- The participants must also send a certificate from the Head of the Institution certifying that the candidate is a bonafide student of the University/ College/Institute.
If any Student of the UILS is positioned amongst the top three, he/she will not be eligible for the top three prizes but will be felicitated in recognition of his/her performance with a special prize by the Surana & Surana International Attorneys, Chennai at the Prize Distribution function.
- First Prize: ₹ 25,000/-
- Second Prize: ₹ 15,000/-
- Third Prize: ₹ 10,000/-
- 15 Consolation Prizes: ₹ 1,000/-
|Last date for receiving the submission through E-mail.||25th April 2018|
|Declaration of results (tentative)||15th July 2018|
- Nikhilesh Verma: +919814015117
- Aradhika Jasrotia: +917837623294
- Shraddha Sharma: +918054114830