Two Day Workshop on Consumer Dispute Resolution through Mediation | NLU Odisha
Two Day Workshop on Consumer Dispute Resolution through Mediation is being organised by the Centre for Consumer Law on 27-28 September 2021. The workshop has been designed keeping in mind the importance of the application of consumer law and the growing demand and attraction towards mediation as an alternative dispute resolution mechanism. It will primarily focus on spreading… Read More »
Two Day Workshop on Consumer Dispute Resolution through Mediation is being organised by the Centre for Consumer Law on 27-28 September 2021.
The workshop has been designed keeping in mind the importance of the application of consumer law and the growing demand and attraction towards mediation as an alternative dispute resolution mechanism. It will primarily focus on spreading awareness about the need and importance of mediation and the role it has as per the Consumer Protection Act, 2019. It also aims to discuss the provisions for mediation under the Act and how beneficial it can be for common citizens.
About NLU, Odisha
National Law University Odisha (NLUO), was established keeping in mind a clearly enunciated vision of advancement of learning, teaching, research, diffusion of knowledge in the field of law and has significantly catered to the needs of the research in various legal fields by paving way for various dedicated research centers.
About Centre for Consumer Law
Centre for Consumer Law is one of the centers which aim at promoting research and study in the field of Consumer Law, from a domestic as well as global perspective with a policy and practical oriented purpose. This Centre is aimed at furthering the cause of access to legal justice for consumers.
Hon’ble Justice Gita Mittal, Former Chief Justice, J&K High Court, will be Keynote Speaker.
The workshop will include sessions wherein various legal luminaries will share their insightful knowledge and words.
The sessions shall be addressed by
- Hon’ble (Dr). Justice D.P. Choudhury, President, Odisha State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission.
- Prof. (Dr.) Yogesh Pratap Singh, Registrar and Professor of Law, NLUO.
- Prof. Bejon Mishra, Honorary Professor, NLUO.
- Prof. Suresh Misra, Chair Professor, Centre for Consumer Studies, Indian Institute of Public Administration.
- Prof. (Dr.) Ashok Patil, Chair Professor, Chair of Consumer Law and Practice (Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Government of India).
- Adv. J. P. Sengh, Senior Advocate, High Court of Delhi.
- Adv. Veena Ralli, Organising Secretary, Samadhan, Delhi High Court Mediation and Conciliation Centre.
- Adv. Aditya Prakash Rao, Partner, PLR Chambers.
- Adv. Avinash Amarnath, Advocate-on-Record, Supreme Court of India.
27-28 September 2021
10 am to 4 pm.
Certificate of Participation will be awarded to all the participants.
Interested students, academicians, legal practitioners, etc. can register themselves by filling in their details here –https://forms.gle/1tqALh4EPuiEY9hk9
A fee of Rs. 100/- can be paid electronically through UPI ID – [email protected]
phone number – +91 9617247766.
The registration shall be open till 25 September 2021, 11:59 pm.
In case of any query, please feel free to write to us at [email protected].
Reported by- Centre for Consumer Law, NLUO