University Institute Of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh is organizing a video making cum awareness competition, “Light, Camera, Action” to celebrate Human Rights Day under the guidance of Prof. (Dr.) Raj Kumar (Chief Patron), Vice-Chancellor, Panjab University, Chandigarh; Prof. (Dr.) Rajinder Kaur, Director, University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh; Dr. Pushpinder Kaur, Associate Professor (Law), University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
About National Video Making Competition
University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, through Light, Camera, Action: 1st National Video Making Competition, aims to spread awareness among the masses about the significance of human rights. This competition is also aimed at blending art with what is generally perceived to be a legal conception. This is an excellent opportunity for students to take some out of their routine and try their hand at the art of making videos and it becomes all-the-more fascinating when there is an opportunity to learn as well.
This is the first time UILS is organizing a video-making competition at the national level. The participants should shoot or make their videos that encapsulate the importance of human rights for the betterment of human lives or how human lives have been made better with the universal acceptance of human rights.
About University Institute of Legal Studies
University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS) was established as the constituent department of Panjab University, in the academic session 2004-05. During a short period, it has emerged as one of the premier legal Institutes with a unique blend of tradition and modernity. Students are trained in the essence of the substantive laws, techniques of procedural laws, methods of client counseling, and skills in legal and social sciences research, etc. The Moot Court Competitions, Client Counseling Sessions, Quiz Contests, Seminars, Group Discussions, and Extension Lectures, etc. are a regular feature of the academic calendar of the Institute.
About Human Rights Day
Human Rights Day is observed every year on December 10- the day the United Nations General Assembly adopted, in 1948, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR). The UDHR is a milestone document that proclaims the inalienable rights to which everyone is entitled to as a human being regardless of race, color, religion, sex, language, political or other opinions, national or social origin, property, birth, or another status.
This year Human Rights Day theme relates to the COVID-19 pandemic and focuses on the need to build back better by ensuring Human Rights are central to our recovery efforts. Our common global goals can be reached only when we can create equal opportunities for all, address the failures exposed and exploited by the COVID-19 pandemic and apply human rights standards to tackle entrenched, systematic, and intergenerational inequities, exclusion, and discrimination.
- The competition is open to all the students pursuing a Bachelor’s/Master’s/PG degree or Certificate course from any affiliated University/College/Institute.
- Students may participate in a group consisting of not more than 2 persons.
- No restriction on the number of entries from any college or university.
The Basic objective of the competition is to celebrate Human Rights Day and to sensitize the masses about these inalienable rights.
- Registration is compulsory and free of cost.
- The registrations are required to be done through the Google link the link for which is the following:
- All the participants are required to upload any of their identity documents (Aadhar Card, University ID, etc.) for purpose of verification.
Procedure for Participation
Step 1– Upload the video on Google Drive or YouTube.
Step 2– Attach the link to the same in the Registration form. (Google Form)
- The time limit for the video is 5-15 minutes.
- The format of the video should be MP4/MPEG/H264/MOV only.
- Adding subtitles is the sole discretion of the participant(s).
- Plagiarism of any sort would result in immediate disqualification.
*Note: Videos containing vulgar, abusive language, material, or visuals would not be considered or would be disqualified.
Criteria for Judgment
- Adherence to the theme and time limit
- Originality of ideas
Note: The decision of the judges would be final and binding.
Prizes and Certificates
- 1st Prize – Cash Prize of INR 1000 and Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate).
- 2nd Prize – Cash prize of INR 500 and Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate).
- Certificate of Participation (E-Certificate) to all participants of the event.
Also, the top five selected videos will be used for various awareness drives undertaken by the Legal Cell, University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh, and such participants will receive a separate “Certificate of Recognition”.
- Release of Registration Form – December 11, 2020 (11:59 PM)
- Last date of Submission – January 05, 2021 (11:59 pm) [Extended]
- The date of the result will be notified later on via e-mail.
- The result will be uploaded on the official website of UILS, PU, Chandigarh.
- The certificates will be released within one week from the declaration of the results.
- Prof. (Dr.) Raj Kumar (Chief Patron), Vice-Chancellor, Panjab University, Chandigarh
- Prof. (Dr.) Rajinder Kaur, Director, University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- Dr. Pushpinder Kaur, Associate Professor (Law), University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
Kindly mail your queries at [email protected].
In case of any problems, feel free to contact any of our student coordinators at:
- Vaibhav Goyal: +91-97815 20216
- Tanya Singla: +91-86993 01897
- Supriya Aggarwal: +91-95016 41789
- Sahil Jain: +91-94680 31236
Reported by: Vaibhav Goyal