Last Updated on by Admin LB
National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam is organising Vox Anatolis National Moot Court Competition from 3rd – 5th June 2022.
The National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJAA) has been established by the Government of Assam by way of enactment of the National Law School and Judicial Academy, Assam Act, 2009 (Assam Act No. XXV of 2009). The word ‘School’ was replaced by the word ‘University’ by amending the National Law School and Judicial Academy, Assam (Amendment) Act, 2011. The Chief Justice of Gauhati High Court Hon’ble Mr. Justice Sudhanshu Dhulia is the Chancellor of the University.
About the Moot Court Committee
The Moot Court Committee of the institute is shouldered with the responsibility of moulding the abilities of the students and boosting their knowledge in the legal spectrum. The committee actively takes part in organising various such competitions with great zeal in order to provide the students with a platform to hone their skills, such as communication, drafting, researching and the like which are essentials for any aspiring candidate choosing to move forward in the field of law. The committee is looking forward to creating a thrilling and educated professional environment to provide the students with the required exposure to have hands-on experience at understanding and legally approaching the issues arising in the modern day society.
About Vox Anatolis National Moot Court Competition
Vox Anatolis National Moot Court Competition (“The Voice of the East”) is one of the flagship moot court competitions organised by the National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam. The proposition for the competition revolves around the theme concerning Northeastern region of the country based on the issues and the questions of law related to the region which has helped the moot carve out a niche and hence, this moot court competition provides a great opportunity to the students to research on such legal issues and provides a meaningful platform to present such legal nuances. In its previous editions, Vox Anatolis has delved into the contentious issues relating to the region such as the Citizenship Amendment Act and National Register of Citizens.
This year we are collaborating with the Assam State Biodiversity Board, in lieu of their attempts to spread awareness about Access and Benefit Sharing (ABS) Regulations 2014 and Fair and Equitable Benefit Sharing. This year’s moot proposition also revolves around the nuances of the ABS Regulations, 2014 and fair and Equitable Benefit Sharing.
The moot problem for this edition has been drafted by Irfan Hasieb, Advocate, Delhi High Court.
- Registration Deadline: 10th May, 2022 (11:59 PM IST) (any changes in the same will be duly communicated).
- Last date for memorial submission is – 25th May, 2022 (11:59 PM IST).
The Competition shall be conducted in OFFLINE MODE.
Link for the Brochure, Moot Proposition and the Rule Book: Click Here
A maximum of 25 teams will be allowed to participate in the competition. Slots for participating in the competition will be filled on a basis of ‘First Come, First Serve Only’.
Registration Link: Click Here
The registration fee must be paid to the following account with the account details:
- Name of the Beneficiary: National Law University and Judicial Academy Assam, Grants In Aid
- Bank Name: State Bank of India
- Branch Name: ICD Amingaon Branch, Hajo Road, Guwahati-781031
- Account No: 32432292915
- IFSC Code: SBIN 000 9201
Provisional registration, in case the team composition has not been determined, may be done by sending an email confirming participation.
Kindly direct all correspondence related to the competition to [email protected] .
Prizes and Awards
The rewards for the participants stands as follows:
- The team with the highest cumulative score in the Final Round will be declared as the “Winning Team” and shall be awarded the “Winners” Trophy.
- The team with the second highest score will be declared as the “Runners-up Team” and shall be awarded the “Runners-Ups” Trophy.
- The speaker with the highest individual oral round score in the Preliminary Round will be declared as the “Best Speaker” and shall be awarded the “Best Speaker” Trophy.
- The researcher with the highest researcher test score will be declared as the “Best Researcher” and shall be awarded the “Best Researcher” Trophy.
- The team with the highest marks obtained on their written submissions will be declared as the “Best Memorial” and shall be awarded the “Best Memorial” Trophy.
All participants will be given Participation Certificates and all the winners of awards will get Merit Certificates.
- Ankur Madhia (Faculty Coordinator): +91 93556 33557
- Neil M. Goswami (Convener): +91 88765 68897
- Aviral Vats: +91 81781 57688
- Vitthal Dixit: +91 94509 89790
- Devanshi Srivastava: +91 89539 22746
- Akansha Sharma: +91 96787 66040
Submitted By: Organising Committee