Last Updated on by Admin LB
SVKM’S NMIMS, School of Law, Indore is organising VYANJANA – 1st National Legal Essay Writing Competition 2021. The theme of the competition is India’s Justice Delivery System: A Silver Lining or Mere Lofty Ideals. Legal Bites is proud to be associated as Media Partner for this event.
School of Law, Indore is a constituent school of SVKM ‘s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, deemed to be a University. NMIMS has been declared by the Ministry of Human Resources Department to be a Category-1 University under Autonomous Universities category in the year 2002-03 under the University Grants Commission Act, 1956. The School of Law, after getting due approval from the Bar Council of India was established in the year 2019.
Currently, it offers B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) and B.B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) courses in 5 years of semester-based study. The penultimate and ultimate semesters of the study offer a host of specializations to the students in order to develop mastery in a specific branch of Law. The school has been envisioned to cater for a world-class legal education comprising of a perfect blend of academic, clinical, professional as well as socially utilitarian education.
The school, with a clear understanding of the professional requirements in the legal arena in contemporary times, has a well-balanced curriculum to be delivered to the students so as to make them profession centric and worthy to live up to the expectations of the much demanding legal profession. The school keeps on revisiting its curriculum periodically to keep pace with the market trends.
The school has meticulously devised formulae for the assessment of the students in different manners so as to bring the best out of them. The school has connections with members of the Bar, members from the Law Firms as well as those from the Judiciary to provide the best professional exposure as well as to cater for the Internship requirements of the students. It also has a well-knit Placement Committee to ensure a decent placement of the students.
About the Event
Our initiative is to provide a platform to the participants to express their views lucidly in a concise manner upon the contemporary topics and ongoing problems which will capture and gauge the students’ distinctive ability and skill to vividly express their opinions on any topic. This competition can be used as a great opportunity for the students to explore and develop their writing skills.
The endeavour is to instil in students an excellent expression of thought on paper and provide them with a space for growth, improvement, and better learning. This competition would enable the students to thoroughly brainstorm and express their views on the theme of “India’s Justice Delivery System: A Silver Lining or Mere Lofty Ideals” at the comfort of their homes and without the pressure of any time limit.
The theme of our competition commemorates the International Justice Day, which celebrates the historic adoption of the Rome Statute on 17 July 1998 and marks the importance of continuing the fight against impunity and bringing justice for the victims of war crimes, crimes against humanity, and genocide.
The day is a reminder of the urgency for all states committed to justice around the world to ensure continued support for the international justice system. Justice delivery at the hands of our honourable Courts, especially during the unprecedented times of COVID- 19 has been playing a crucial role in uplifting society and bring forth justice. Through this endeavour, we aim at bringing forth a platform of knowledge, crucial discourse in the field of socio-legal and political concerns.
- The essay must be English language only and the submission shall be in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx format).
- Only one submission is allowed per author/team.
- The essay must contain an abstract of not more than 250 words, including keywords.
- Co-authorship to a maximum of two is permitted.
- The essay should be 2000-2500 words, excluding abstract and footnotes.
- There shall be a proper title for the essay.
- The plagiarism should not exceed the limit of 20% and should be the original/unpublished work of the participants.
- There shall be a separate cover letter along with the main manuscript which includes name of authors (both, if co-authored), Address, Title of the essay, e-mail address, Institution name, designation/ year of the study, contact details (of both, if co-authored).
THEME OF THE ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION – ‘India’s Justice Delivery System: A Silver Lining or Mere Lofty Ideals’
The author can rely on the below-mentioned sub-topics: –
- Efficacy of Legal Aid in enhancing access to justice.
- The Lok Adalat system in India: Ensuring and promoting Justice for all?
- Public Interest Litigation: A vital tool filling the gap between law and Justice.
- Extrajudicial Killing and the rule of law.
- Social Justice & Marginalized sections of Indian Society
- Gender Variance in the Indian Criminal Justice System.
- Practicality of Preventive Detention Laws in India.
- Effect of Media trial on the Indian Judiciary.
All law students pursuing 3 or 5 years LLB course from any UGC recognised college/university in India are eligible to participate.
- Font: Times New Roman
- Font Size – 12,
- Line Spacing – 1.5
- Alignment – Justified.
- Font: Times New Roman
- Font Size – 10
- Line Spacing – 1.0
- Alignment – Justified.
- Margins should be 1 inch or 2.54 cm on all sides
- The participants shall follow the Harvard Bluebook 20th Edition as the mode of Citation.
- Submissions should be mailed at [email protected] under the subject heading “Submission: 1st Essay Writing Competition- NMIMS Indore” in .doc or .docx format.
- The deadline for submission is 11:59 pm is 10th September 2021. Any submission received beyond the deadline will be rejected.
- Non-Compliance of any guidelines mentioned herein shall result in immediate rejection of the manuscript.
The participants are required to register through the Google form (click here) on or before 11:59 pm, 30th August 2021. The participants are required to follow the instructions provided in the form.
A Conformation Mail would be sent to the registered Email ID provided in the google form within 48 Hours.
Please maintain due diligence while filling the Google form. The credentials of participants will be checked for successful registration.
Once registered, the payment will be non-refundable in any case.
- Single Author: 200/-
- Co- Authorship: 300/-
Last date to register: 30th August 2021 before 11:59 pm.
Last date of Submission of essays: 10th September 2021 before 11:59 pm.
Result declaration: 25th September 2021
0 1st: 2,500/- cash prize + E-certificate of excellence
0 2nd: 2,000/- cash prize + E-certificate of excellence
0 3rd: 1,500/- cash prize + E-certificate of excellence
E-certificate of participation to all.
The manuscript will be evaluated on the following mentioned criteria: –
- Concept: 10 marks
- Language, grammar & Formatting: 10 marks
- Research & critique: 20 marks
- Reference and authorities: 10 marks
For any query, please mail us at [email protected] or Whatsapp at 9131693025; 9407179979