14th Pro bono Enviro National Moot Court Competition 2021 | School of Excellence in Law, TNDALU
14th Pro Bono Enviro National Moot Court Competition, 2021 is being organised by School of Excellence in Law, Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University. It is the flagship event of our Institution and our only aim is to get better with each year. The Moot Court Proposition is based on Environmental Law and is intended to create awareness… Read More »
14th Pro Bono Enviro National Moot Court Competition, 2021 is being organised by School of Excellence in Law, Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University. It is the flagship event of our Institution and our only aim is to get better with each year.
The Moot Court Proposition is based on Environmental Law and is intended to create awareness among the legal fraternity, concerning crucial environmental issues. Year after year the competition has witnessed an overwhelming response from various Universities and Colleges throughout India and this year, we promise an exciting weekend of debate, discussion and display of legal acumen.
Aim and Purpose
- The 14th Pro Bono Enviro National Moot Court Competition 2021 has been conceived with the aim to:
- Create awareness on the protection and conservation of our environment.
- Inculcate interest in Environmental Law and understand the various ecological issues that currently plague our society.
Rounds & Platform
The competition will be conducted ONLINE through the video-conferencing application.
- Inaugural Ceremony: CISCO Webx
- Preliminary Rounds: Google Meet
- Quarter Finals & Semi-Final Rounds: Google Meet
- Final Rounds & Valedictory Ceremony: CISCO Webx
Eligibility & Composition of Team
- Participation is strictly restricted to bona fide law students enrolled in the three-year or five-year LL.B. or B.L. degree course in any institution recognized by the Bar Council of India.
- Only ONE TEAM is permitted to participate from each registered institution.
- Each team shall comprise of a minimum of two and a maximum of three members. In a team consisting of two members, each of the members shall be designated as ‘Speaker.’ In a team consisting of three members, two of the members shall be designated as ‘Speaker’ and the third member shall be designated as ‘Researcher’.
The Registration Formalities shall be done in two steps:
- Provisional Registration of the participating institutions shall be sent to [email protected] on or before 15th November 2020.
- Upon receipt of an e-mail confirming provisional registration from the Organizing Committee, participants shall complete the following Registration Formalities:
- Teams are required to complete the registration on or before 5th December 2020.
- The Registration Fee is Rs. 1000/- per team. Government Law colleges of Tamil Nadu affiliated to the Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University shall be exempted from the payment of this fee.
The Registration fee payable for the Competition must be paid latest by 5th December 2020 through NEFT to the below-mentioned account:
- Name of the account: Director, School of Excellence in Law
- Account number – 193601000009752
- Name of the bank – Indian Overseas Bank
- Branch – Perungudi, Chennai
- IFSC code – IOBA0001936
- The payment reference number and date of payment have to be mentioned in the registration form. Scanned copy of the payment receipt must also be attached to the google registration form and only then will the registration be deemed to be complete.
- The Registration shall be done by filling up the form available by clicking on the link mentioned: Click here to Register
- Scanned copies of Identity cards must be attached in the registration form. In case, there is an issue with the production of scanned copies of the identity card, a bonafide certificate, issued by the University may be attached. In case of the absence of both, kindly contact the O.C.
- Once the form is submitted, an acknowledgement mail will be sent within 24-48 hours to the teams.
- Registration fee, once paid is neither refundable nor transferable.
- Teams that have completed Registration in accordance with the above shall be assigned a Team Code. All correspondence to the Organizing Committee shall specify only the Team Code.
- No alteration in the Team Composition shall be permitted after registration except at the sole discretion of the Organizing Committee.
The following awards shall be given away during the Valedictory & Prize Distribution:
- Winner of the Competition.
- Runner-up of the Competition.
- Best Memorandum.
- Best Speaker.
- Best Researcher.
All participants of the Competition will be given Participation E-Certificates.
The certificates will be emailed to the participants after the completion of the competition.
- Release of the Moot Proposition: 12th November 2020
- Last date for provisional registration: 15th November 2020
- Last date for duly filling the Google form for registration and payment of registration fees: 5th December 2020
- Last Date for mailing Clarifications: 12th December 2020
- Release of Final Clarifications: 20th December 2020
- Soft Copy Submission of Memorandums: 10th January 2021
- Researcher’s Interview: 19th and 20th January 2021
- Submission of Compendium via email: 21st January 2021
- Allotment of time slots for Preliminary Rounds: 21st January 2021
- Inaugural Ceremony: 21st January 2021
- Preliminary Rounds: 22nd and 23rd January 2021
- Advanced Rounds for Qualified Teams and Valedictory: 23rd – 24th January 2021
Ms. Aparna Raju: +91-98403 73892
Vice President, Moot Court Association, School of Excellence in Law, TNDALU
Ms. Nirupama V Shankar: +91-98845 47036
Joint Secretary, Moot Court Association, School of Excellence in Law, TNDALU
Reported by: Mansi