Last Updated on by Admin LB
Sharda University is organising “Virtual International Conference on Green Intellectual Property and Climate Change Mitigation Technologies: Way Ahead”.
About the International Conference
In the wake of Climate Change scenario going green has become a necessity for sustainable existence. Way forward to our survival in this century depends on the resilience and capacity to mitigate Climate Change. Given that the global climate crisis poses a difficult challenge, Green Technology is unfalteringly being recognised as a solution to the crisis. The term ‘Green Technology’ signifies any kind of environment-friendly or clean technology. It further relates to the products and innovations of devices used in environmental science, green chemistry, environmental monitoring, promote sustainability and conserve the natural environment. Green technology includes the varied nature of products and systems.
Green technology is a way forward to reduce emission and help mitigate Climate Change. It covers technologies that help to both adapt to and mitigate the impacts of climate change. There is a necessity to embolden green technology to meet the commitment of the Paris declaration by keeping the global warming rise in control.
Intellectual property rights are fundamental to technological innovation and development as they are conceptualised in the form of proprietary rights that can be further transferred, registered, granted and secured from infringement. The term ‘Green Intellectual Property’ refers to the protection of innovations in the field of green technology. It is a concept where innovations which are helpful to the environment in one or the other way are legally protected.
About the University
Sharda University School of Law (SUSOL) is a dynamic and progressive Law School situated in the clean environment of Greater Noida (National Capital Region) and one of the prestigious Law schools in NCR. SUSOL offers BCI approved Five Year B.A. LL.B.(Hons.), Five Year B.B.A. LL.B.(Hons.), One Year LL.M. and Ph. D. in Law Programmes.
- To deliberate upon the Intellectual Property Rights in a special context to climate change.
- To promote sustainable development with the help of Intellectual Property Rights with the discussion on green Intellectual Property.
- To explore the issues related to technological transfer in the area of green Intellectual Property.
- To promote the creation and exchange of knowledge among professional, academic and scholars in this the area of Green Intellectual Property and Climate Change mitigation technologies
Call for Papers
The organizers of the International Conference call upon the academicians, practitioners and legal professionals, representatives of governmental and non-governmental organizations, research scholars, students etc. to send their unpublished research papers on broad themes mentioned below. These themes are suggestive and the author can send the articles on any topic related to the Main theme of the International Conference:
- Building and Construction related green Intellectual Property
- Energy-related green Intellectual Property and Climate Change mitigation
- Farming and Forestry and need for Green Intellectual Property
- Pollution and Waste management menace and need for Green Intellectual Property contribution
- Transportation pollutants and Climate Change the need for Green Intellectual Property
- Industrial and chemical waste management and its impact on Climate in view of Intellectual Property solutions in the area
Guidelines for Abstracts
Abstracts should be without bullet points in paragraph form and should not exceed 350 words. Also, information regarding the context, intent, processes, findings, and conclusions should be included in the abstract. Co-authorship up to 2 authors are allowed.
All abstracts must be submitted by 25th December 2020 on the email provided. Abstracts will be reviewed by an organising committee of scholars. Based on the academic exactitude, significance to the conference theme, and innovativeness of the content, abstracts will be selected. Authors of accepted abstracts are invited to submit, the full paper of not more than 5000 words.
Guidelines for Paper Submission
- Original and unpublished research papers are invited on the aforementioned themes.
- Co-authorship is allowed up to two authors per submission.
- The full paper should have a cover page containing the following information:
- Title of the Paper and relevant sub-theme
- Author’s Name(s)
- Designation and Organisation/Institutional Affiliation
- E-mail address
- Contact Number
- The Word file should be saved in the name of the author (first author’s name in case of joint authors). This should be followed for both Abstract and Full Paper Submission.
The full paper is to be submitted in a Word document according to the following specifications:
- Title: Times New Roman, size-14, Bold, 1.5 line spacing, centre-aligned.
- Main Body: Times New Roman, size-12, 1.5 line spacing, justified.
- Heading: Times New Roman, size-14, Bold, 1.5 line spacing, centre-aligned.
- Sub-headings: Times New Roman, size-13, Italicized, 1.5 line spacing, centre- aligned.
- Footnotes: Times New Roman, size-10, 1.0 line spacing, justified.
- Margins: One inch on all four sides.
- BLUEBOOK footnoting citation method to be followed (19th Edition)
- All submissions should be within 5000 words.
- Abstract Submission Email: [email protected]
- E-certificates will be provided to all Paper presenters and participants.
|Abstract Submission||25th December 2020|
|Intimation of Selection||30th December 2020|
|Registration, Fee submission and Full Paper Submission in Google Form||20th January 2021 (To be provided later)|
- Single Author: 750 INR
- Co-Author: 1000 INR
- Single Author: 1000 INR
- Co-Author: 1250 INR
Academicians, Practitioners/ representatives of governmental and non-governmental organizations
- Single Author: 1500 INR
- Co-Author: 2000 INR
- 20 USD.
Participation Fee for those who are not presenting papers
- 500 INR.
- Name of Account Holder: SHARDA UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW
- Account Number: 912010034705440
- IFSC Code: UTIB0000624
- Bank Name & Address: AXIS BANK LTD., ALPHA COMMERCIAL BELT GREATER NOIDA
Reported by: Priyanka
Assistant Professor, SOL, Sharda University
- Public Awareness and its Contribution towards the Prevention of Environmental Degradation in India
- Intellectual Property Rights | Notes, Cases & Study Material